• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Post Your Last Purchase

I succumbed once again to desire. I purchased these today. Should arrive Thursday.
Vortex Optics Viper HD 10 X 42. They will replace the really cheap set I have that I inherited years ago from my in-laws. It should make watching the eagles at the river a lot more fun.
images

Upvote 0
Is that a cane/walking stick @NightAngel79 ? It's nice looking if so.

I'm a cane collector.. mostly all antique ones. Darn hard to find anymore.
Yea, a Cane Sword. Cane is fully functional and sword is 'decorative'. Found on a Medieval site and bought from fashionablecanes.com

Upvote 0
UGHHHHHH Just when I had cleared off enough commitments to get back into my music, my Yamaha Portable Grand developed a buzzing sound in the left channel. Hoping it was just a bad speaker, I plugged in my headphones... buzzing sound in my left ear! Audio amplifier's shot, it's beyond economical repair.

So while I probably could have replaced it with a lesser version, I convinced the Darling Bride that I could sell off my workstations if I got the flagship Yamaha PSR-S975 - and she agreed! Pre-ordered and awaiting shipment!

Now to figure out how to pay for it...

:p

Upvote 0
UGHHHHHH Just when I had cleared off enough commitments to get back into my music, my Yamaha Portable Grand developed a buzzing sound in the left channel. Hoping it was just a bad speaker, I plugged in my headphones... buzzing sound in my left ear! Audio amplifier's shot, it's beyond economical repair.

So while I probably could have replaced it with a lesser version, I convinced the Darling Bride that I could sell off my workstations if I got the flagship Yamaha PSR-S975 - and she agreed! Pre-ordered and awaiting shipment!

Now to figure out how to pay for it...

:p

Whoa! More than enough buttons there to keep any gadget freak happy for a long time.

Upvote 0
Helping my son finish off his basement into a mancave. The wall going down the steps is concrete. If we framed a standard wall it would have narrowed the stairs by at least 4" which he didn't want to do, so we attached furring strips to the concrete with anchors. And to drill those holes I needed ....

dewalt-hammer-drills-dwe5010-64_1000.jpg

Upvote 0
My mailman should be bringing me a backup phone today, I usually have something kicking around 'just in case' but don't. My sister sent me a pic of her (my old) Moto X Pure screen the other day, it was really pretty with all the colorful lines running up and down. She dropped it, whoops. Did a restart and it seems OK for now... So yeah, a new-never used Moto Z2 Play from Swappa is on the way.

Oh dear, I thought I was in post your last purchase. I guess I need more coffee and a mod to move this :)

Upvote 0
I ordered a new sleeve for my Pixelbook:
812s1vrANcL._SL1300_.jpg

I've already got another Tomtoc one which I love for how slim it is. I got the new one because it has better storage for accessories:
71Kyh2vr0GL._SL1300_.jpg

Also because it came out at <$10 with a 30% off offer.

At this rate I can buy several more sleeves and still be cheaper than Google's $100 sleeve. :wtfdroid:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
They want WHAT for WHAT? Even if it's made from carbon fiber spun by alien robotic spiders ... no thank you!

Yeah, I was really hoping the house-brand would be more reasonably-priced than the $89 Bellroy one but they apparently decided to go the opposite direction. They may be taking this "premium" thing just a bit too far.

Upvote 0
Might be jumping the gun, might be jinxing myself, but I need some good ju ju from my android buddies. Hopefully I will be taking possession of my new vehicle tomorrow. We are currently $250 apart and no I won't eat it, they will or I walk. Anyway, crossed fingers and toes are greatly appreciated.

2014 Jeep Compass Limited 4x4 ... a bit more room for the pooches and get out of my KIA mess and add 4x4 for bad weather and adventures in the snowy North. (Especially the mountains of Colorado, Utah, Wyoming and Montana)

2014_jeep_compass_limited_1.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones