• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Power button fell off

mrdrh99

Aug 11, 2010
Hey guys, the other day I pulled my phone out of my pocket to see that the power button had fell off. Anyone else? Verizon wanted me to go thru my insurance and pay a deductable, I called Google directly, and even though I didn't purchase the phone directly through them, they are swapping mine out for a new one. Luckily I have a backup device (Moto Droid turbo) to use until the new one arrives. Since I have no "account" with them I had to send them the phone first, but since it's costing me $0 I can't complain.

The same thing happened to mine, at about 6 months old.
When I went to the Verizon store, showed my phone to the employee there and said "This seems like a mfg defect to me" (other than that my phone is in perfect shape, no dings or scratches). He agreed, pushed some buttons on his tablet and said my replacement (refurbished) phone would be at my house in two days.
It was, I set it up and sent the old one back in the postage paid box.
It couldn't have been any easier or less painful.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones