• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Power switch no longer working

MKeditor

Jul 27, 2009
The switch has been a bit finicky for a few months. Today it stopped working all together. I couldn't turn the phone on except my plugging in power. Then I couldn't shut it off. I pulled the battery to try and reboot but now I can't turn it on. I opened the back but there is a star shaped screw and another with a void sticker on it. I was thinking of taking a look at the button leads to see if there is something lodged in there of perhaps if they were just dirty, I could clean them to get a better connection....but I will be crossing a line if I do.

The big question is....who do I turn to regarding a repair? Since I bought it from google, I don't think T-mobile will help. Once I finally reach the right person at google, they will most likely say ship it to us and we will look at it when we get around to it.

This phone was too expensive to only last nine months. Any suggestions?

Had the same problem with my phone and just went through this process myself and wow was it easy. I called google nexus support, told them the problem they instantly transferred me to htc support. After telling htc the problem they gave me two options, ship the phone back to them they'll repair it then send back or do a swap. I choose to do a swap, they sent me a phone first and i sent back my old phone. Was completely free they covered all shipping costs and the problem with the phone was covered by the warranty only thing they needed was a credit card number in case I didn't return the old phone.

The whole process was very smooth, called them Thursday night, got my new phone Monday morning and shipped my old one back Tuesday. Spent about 15 minutes on the phone plus a few minutes filling out a form online.

I was very impressed with both google's and htc's support.

Upvote 0
That's pretty much what I am doing. They sent me a FedEx label. I am shipping my phone back today. So...they let you keep the new phone and refunded your card when your old one arrived?

They don't actually "charge" your card, they put a hold on it, which makes the funds unavailable, but makes it faster to release when the time comes. Refunds can take a long time to process.

Also, if the hold is not finalized for x number of days (depends on banks), then it is auto-released.

Upvote 0
My replacement phone finally arrived after much fumbling on HTC's part. It is a new Nexus. Somethings are different. Bookmarks for instance are set up as thumbnails...which is cool. I looked at a lot of phones during my wait. There are a couple of great ones out there...but not GSM with sim cards. The Nexus One is still the best way to go.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones