• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pre-Order

Not a Premier Silver yet, Im about 800 shy for next year though, but yeah, I get those coupons in the mail all the time as well. Have not gotten any lately.

I was told that if I didnt get a coupon either through email, or regular mail, that I should check back in on the 9th and they would see what they could do. *shrug* Not sure they will be able to do it, but I suppose I can stop in just to be sure.
I heard basically the same thing from my Best Buy, except he made it sound like they'd work with me if I didn't have a coupon.

Upvote 0
I heard basically the same thing from my Best Buy, except he made it sound like they'd work with me if I didn't have a coupon.

As I was "helping" the BB mobile phone rep find out about the early release, I was able to see what they had on the employee website and it basically said that there was an electronic coupon available in the "employee toolkit" in case anybody forgot their coupon. Also there was no mention of needing the Silver level in order to qualify.

Good Luck to Everybody

Upvote 0
i highly doubt they will price match them because theyre not that big of a threat...

Yeah I figured as much. Not really a big deal. Was just curious why the price disparity.

I have been with Sprint over 10 years and don't plan on going to another carrier anytime soon. As a Mac user if the iPhone didn't convince me to jump ship, nothing else will.

Upvote 0
Yeah I figured as much. Not really a big deal. Was just curious why the price disparity.

I have been with Sprint over 10 years and don't plan on going to another carrier anytime soon. As a Mac user if the iPhone didn't convince me to jump ship, nothing else will.

Im a mac user as well its also the att service is horrible well, at least around here. As well as the difference in plan pricing

Upvote 0
Im a mac user as well its also the att service is horrible well, at least around here. As well as the difference in plan pricing

Yeah AT$T service here in coastal Orange County (Dana Point, Laguna Beach) sucks too. Crossing the street means the difference between making a call or not.

I keep telling my iPhone fanboy buddies when the iPhone comes to the most reliable carrier I'll make the switch. In the meantime they can keep searching for signal and playing their fancy iPhone games. :D

Upvote 0
Yeah AT$T service here in coastal Orange County (Dana Point, Laguna Beach) sucks too. Crossing the street means the difference between making a call or not.

I keep telling my iPhone fanboy buddies when the iPhone comes to the most reliable carrier I'll make the switch. In the meantime they can keep searching for signal and playing their fancy iPhone games. :D

yeah everyone is an iphone fanboy now yet they just released mms (welcome to 2005 btw lol)

ill play my fancy android games :D oh and with a fully customizable OS and a better camera just to name 2 features

Upvote 0
yeah everyone is an iphone fanboy now yet they just released mms (welcome to 2005 btw lol)

ill play my fancy android games :D oh and with a fully customizable OS and a better camera just to name 2 features

I hear you on all points.

My only concern with going Android is the availability of medical apps, particularly the one I currently subscribe to on my Tour. The mention support for every OS but Android.

Upvote 0
There are confidentiality agreements in place which Chris is probably referring to...I bet some people already have the phone but are unable to say whether they do or not...;)

So, hypothetically, those same people could tell us what a wonderful, life changing experience it is to now have a Hero, and they could let us know they're very happy by just posting a blue winking smiley in their post...

Upvote 0
I called a few BB's today and they couldn't give me a specific price for a one year contract renewal or the retail price. They though that the retail price was $599.

Since you wont be getting the 179.99 price point, it may be in your best interest to wait 2 days and have BB price match, or just buy from Sprint.

I know it sucks, but if you arent going to qualify for the full upgrade, there is nothing stopping BB from charging you 599 since theres no one else selling it, they have nothing to price match. Less your 75 one year upgrade of course.

Of course the rumored price is between 329 and 479.

Upvote 0
There seems to be alot of confusion on the full retail price of this phone. Went to BB last night to put in my pre-order and found the following.

1. BB lists the Price as $599, but said they would price match to whatever Sprint lists it at.

2. Sprint sales has the price in their system as $479. I told them about the price listed on sprint.com/hero of $429. He checked with a manager and said that the price on the website was the most recent information and that their system was not updated yet.

3. Then there was a question about what rebates were available to off-contract customers. On the sprint.com/hero it listed the proce as follows:

$429 - $150 rebate (2 year activation) - $100 (mail-in rebate) = $179

The question came up about the $100 MIR and if you bought the phone off contract, would you be available for this rebate. The way it is written on the site, it would seem that you would get the $100 MIR, but not the $150.

Don't know. I am confused. I put in my pre-order, and the manager at BB stated they would cash out my gift card if I was not happy with the final price.

Anyone have any clarification?

Upvote 0
There seems to be alot of confusion on the full retail price of this phone. Went to BB last night to put in my pre-order and found the following.

1. BB lists the Price as $599, but said they would price match to whatever Sprint lists it at.

2. Sprint sales has the price in their system as $479. I told them about the price listed on sprint.com/hero of $429. He checked with a manager and said that the price on the website was the most recent information and that their system was not updated yet.

3. Then there was a question about what rebates were available to off-contract customers. On the sprint.com/hero it listed the proce as follows:

$429 - $150 rebate (2 year activation) - $100 (mail-in rebate) = $179

The question came up about the $100 MIR and if you bought the phone off contract, would you be available for this rebate. The way it is written on the site, it would seem that you would get the $100 MIR, but not the $150.

Don't know. I am confused. I put in my pre-order, and the manager at BB stated they would cash out my gift card if I was not happy with the final price.

Anyone have any clarification?

i will clarify it right now for you like i have in other posts... you will NOT receive the mail in rebate if youre buying it full retail price.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones