• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pressing the power, volume up and home button

Well I called Samsung today to discuss an issue with my note 5. He (the tech) had me do a couple things and then he said "turn off the phone and then press the power, volume up, and home buttons at the same time and when the Samsung logo displays release them - that would start recovery mode". Well I asked if that would maybe somehow erase any of my data on the phone (email, messages,, pics, etc.) and he assured me it would not. So i did what he asked.

The phone did not enter recovery mode (although I have never done this before so don't know what it was supposed to do) but somehow completely reset my phone. I lost everything - pics, email, accounts, contacts, you name it.

I know I pressed the power, volume up, and home buttons. So what actually caused the phone to reset. Once the Samsung logo displayed and I released the buttons, a little android icon displayed on the screen and in the bottom left portion of the screen it said erasing... I mentioned this to the tech and he said it was OK, it was not erasing any of my data. WRONG...

anyone has a clue as to what actually happened. Anyone seen this before....

Thanks for your insight...

Warren

Reactions: 1991mehmetmemo

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones