• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pretty In-Depth Hands on of the Droid Razr

"Very, very advanced materials. Very, very bright and powerful display. Very, very strong. Very, very fast. Very, very slick. Very, very thin and light weight......." Lol great review though.

That remote is pretty awesome.

Here's another very, very nice review by the same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_N9xRDKeFo&feature

Edit....

Upvote 0
I want it even more now that I have seen this. That was a really good review of the device. thanks for posting it! :)

I hear that, no prob. This skinny phone packs a lot more power than i thought. When ICS hits i really want to see what this thing will be capable of.

I'm almost certain i'll be getting this over the Gnex, main reason being the durability (which is neccesary for a person who drops there phone as much as me). My Blackberry would agree that i'm not the most careful handler.

Anybody notice the capacitive buttons have a nice spacing from the actual display? Compare that to the Nexus and its display buttons. For apps (games in particular- emulators even more so), seems there will be a LOT more accidental exits from apps with the Nexus than the Razr. Word.

I was just checking out some emulators yest on Youtube, I had no idea these phones were capable of that. So thats great to hear.

Upvote 0
wow, that is one impressive device! the Smart Action features are pretty cool, and i like the idea of having webtop without having to purchase the entire laptop.

this is going to make it really difficult to wait on the GNex release before making a purchase.

Just a week later if rumor holds up. Love to have you over here though if you pass......

Upvote 0
I hear that, no prob. This skinny phone packs a lot more power than i thought. When ICS hits i really want to see what this thing will be capable of.

I'm almost certain i'll be getting this over the Gnex, main reason being the durability (which is neccesary for a person who drops there phone as much as me). My Blackberry would agree that i'm not the most careful handler.

I was just checking out some emulators yest on Youtube, I had no idea these phones were capable of that. So thats great to hear.

This link should make you even happier and provide insight ahead of time. Though I think the Rezound will be faster with more N64 and PSX games, the Razr will not be a slouch. Not to mention game emulators are a fraction of the function of a device.

http://androidforums.com/android-games/376820-comprehensive-emulator-guide.html

Upvote 0
Ok, yup. This is cool as shit.

Does the GNEX have something similar to Motocast? If not, that might seal the deal for me.

Sorry for the newbie question.

Droid 3 and Bionic have Zumcast, which is the same app, but without the gallery integration. Since Zumocast provides that function anyway, no harm no foul. I posted an overview of the app in this forum that has some info about the app. Seems ironic that though the Nexus seems more cloud focused, the Razr will have better built-in personal cloud support PLUS it has a micro sd slot AND it is easy access.

BTW, if VZW releases the 16gb version of the Nexus, I wonder how many will change their mind on the device? Cloud people will stay the course.

Upvote 0
This link should make you even happier and provide insight ahead of time. Though I think the Rezound will be faster with more N64 and PSX games, the Razr will not be a slouch. Not to mention game emulators are a fraction of the function of a device.

http://androidforums.com/android-games/376820-comprehensive-emulator-guide.html

Thanks just what i needed, I have a gameboy advance emulator on my Cpu (who doesn't?) so its great that i can do the same thing on my Droid.

Nothing beats the Nostalgia of playing some Crash Bandicoot 2 or Streets of rage 2 from my younger days. But now i can do it on my phone, this phone is awesome and i haven't even held it yet.

Upvote 0
Droid 3 and Bionic have Zumcast, which is the same app, but without the gallery integration. Since Zumocast provides that function anyway, no harm no foul. I posted an overview of the app in this forum that has some info about the app. Seems ironic that though the Nexus seems more cloud focused, the Razr will have better built-in personal cloud support PLUS it has a micro sd slot AND it is easy access.

BTW, if VZW releases the 16gb version of the Nexus, I wonder how many will change their mind on the device? Cloud people will stay the course.

I actually hope they release a 16gb version since I am paying full retail and don't need 32gb.

Upvote 0
Yea Smart Actions...

I never got Locale or Tasker, I see I should have now. Where I work I cant take my phone in the office, we have to put it in a lil locker. So...I have to always remember to turn off the sound IF I decide to sneak it in the office or turn Airplane Mode ON cuz the lil locker will drain the battery in a matter of hours.

This is a nice addition to Blur, Motorola Application Platform, whatever its called these days...lol. And the lil upgrade they did to Zumocast. Like the Battery Profiles they introduced with the Droid X1 was nice. I honestly feel Motorola doesnt get enough credit for what it does well or try to do well, improve on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones