• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem finding my location??

akokonas

Apr 8, 2010
I am currently running 2.2 and having problems with weatherbug trying to locate me and google maps finding my location. This all started this morning and im not sure whats going on. I never turn on the GPS unless i am using the navagation feature on the phone because of battery drainage. I have had no problems on 2.1 but updated my phone on tuesday and up until this morning its not working. I called verizon and tech support told me that i should always have the GPS on but that doesnt make sense I rarely ever use it. Is anyone else having this issue today, or know of a fix for this?? Yes my Use Network box is checked and yes I have wiped my phone twice. Any help would be appreciated, Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones