• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Problem managing contacts in Galaxy R

Hello and welcome to the forum. I've had this kind of problem before...and I had to delete them manually. It didn't take too long because I don't have a lot of contacts on my phone. You should check over your device's sub-forum to see if anybody has another way of doing this. Click the phone link in my signature - from there just scroll down the list of phones to your model.

Enjoy your time here. Best of luck. ;)

Upvote 0
Another good place for general discussion about all things android that might help you out is here Android Lounge - Android Forums
Hope you get it fixed and enjoy this great site with all the truly helpful and knowledgeable members.
You've met two already.
If a member has giving out really good sound and helpful advice the quickest and easiest way to thank them is with the thanks button in the lower right corner of their post.

Upvote 0
Good morning skvd2006, Welcome to Android Forums.

Contacts come from several places on an Android phone. Obviously the Gmail account that it's registered to, which will include the most information per contact, is the prime location. You can also have contacts stored only on the phone (private, and not sync'ed to gmail) or from an account like Facebook, Yahoo or MSN.

The problem comes with sim contacts.
Because sim contacts are not actually part of the Android OS but extraneous data, they can't be joined or connected to the other accounts to homogenize your contact list. I am afraid if you require contacts be saved on your sim and gmail, you will always have duplicates.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones