1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Problem managing contacts in Galaxy R

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by skvd2006, Jan 10, 2012.

1. skvd2006

skvd2006 Lurker
    None

Jan 10, 2012
    I bought sam galaxy R. when opened my gmail account all these contacts are automayically saved in contacts and all contacts are duplicated and even triplicated, How to delete them. I want to save some contacts in my sim memory. Kindly help.......Thanks

Advertisement

2. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Welcome! Have you tried going to your google account and seeing if you could straightened this out?
    If you want I could move this thread to this forum Samsung Galaxy R - Android Forums were they can give you the best advice for your specific phone.

3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}
    None

Jan 31, 2011
    Male
    Entrepreneur / Business Owner - Freelance Writer
    Loganville, GA
    Hello and welcome to the forum. I've had this kind of problem before...and I had to delete them manually. It didn't take too long because I don't have a lot of contacts on my phone. You should check over your device's sub-forum to see if anybody has another way of doing this. Click the phone link in my signature - from there just scroll down the list of phones to your model.

Enjoy your time here. Best of luck. ;)

4. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Another good place for general discussion about all things android that might help you out is here Android Lounge - Android Forums
    Hope you get it fixed and enjoy this great site with all the truly helpful and knowledgeable members.
    You've met two already.
    If a member has giving out really good sound and helpful advice the quickest and easiest way to thank them is with the thanks button in the lower right corner of their post.

5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Jun 12, 2010
    Male
    IT
    Pennsylvania
    Good morning skvd2006, Welcome to Android Forums.

Contacts come from several places on an Android phone. Obviously the Gmail account that it's registered to, which will include the most information per contact, is the prime location. You can also have contacts stored only on the phone (private, and not sync'ed to gmail) or from an account like Facebook, Yahoo or MSN.

The problem comes with sim contacts.
    Because sim contacts are not actually part of the Android OS but extraneous data, they can't be joined or connected to the other accounts to homogenize your contact list. I am afraid if you require contacts be saved on your sim and gmail, you will always have duplicates.