• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problem Sim Card or Phone

Panhead99

Nov 19, 2010
I have an X10 and wish I didnt but I am stuck with it. My phone works ok, calls, texts etc but if I look on the contacts list, right up the top of the list mine says unable to read sim card. In settings, phone detaills, my number is not showing. I have replaced the contract sim and it makes no difference, however my wifes pay as you go sim shows up and my phone can read it. Any ideas on what the problem is?

Take your sim card out of your new 'smart' phone, shove it in an old Sony or Samsung. Go into the settings and find My Number , edit it to your correct number and save it. Take it out of the 'dumb' phone pop it back into your smart phone and it should show up now.

Yeah I know, what a kerfuffle for something so simple.... but it does work for most people!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones