• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Problems that drive me nuts - please help!

mryark83

Apr 26, 2010
1. Web browsing. Especially if I go to the Facebook website, when I click on some buttons, lilke "Search", nothing happens. It is as if it is a dead link. My only solution is that I reboot my phone, and then clicking on links work again. Anyone have this or no a solution?

2. I am going overseas to South Africa - what is my best option for using my phone? I wanted to just use it for Wifi capabalities, but do not want to incur any data/roaming charges. How do you exactly disable these features so that I just have Wifi?

3. When I go to "People" I see all my contacts, and there pictures are their Facebook pictures. However, if someone updates their profile picture on Facebook, it does not show their new picture. How does this get refreshed? I went to synch and made sure Facebook was synched, still have this problem.

4. What is the most efficient/easiest way to text message, and switch between sound profiles?

Thank you very much in advance. It is mainly #1 that drives me nuts, but these other questions I have had for a while.

1. Use the facebook touch site. The regular facebook site is for people with feature phones. So use your trackball or go to the touch site.

2. Settings, wireless and networks, turn on WiFi and mobile networks off.

3. Search. Problem galore.

4. HTC came out for a widget for that. Check your widgets and "get more HTC widgets"

Reactions: mryark83
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones