• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

problems with advanced task killer

tommy_ed

Android Expert
Feb 26, 2010
Hey all I have an HTC eris and lately I've been having an issue with atm. Every time I have it kill my tasks it takes me to the HTC screen (the one that appears during start-up) and then "please wait" appears with my wallpaper in the background. It does still kill the tasks however it has never done this before and it seems abnormal. Ive heard that task managers can be bad for your phone? Any help/input is greatly appreciated

Hey all I have an HTC eris and lately I've been having an issue with atm. Every time I have it kill my tasks it takes me to the HTC screen (the one that appears during start-up) and then "please wait" appears with my wallpaper in the background. It does still kill the tasks however it has never done this before and it seems abnormal. Ive heard that task managers can be bad for your phone? Any help/input is greatly appreciated

Are you using ATK(Advanced Task Killer) or ATM (Advanced Task Manager)?
ATK hasn't done that to me (yet), but some of the other task managers have.
Maybe uninstall and reinstall is worth a try...

Upvote 0

Are you running 1.5 or the new 2.1? I never had that problem running 1.5, but since I flashed the 2.1 2 days ago, I've had the same thing happen like 3 times, that I SAW.

Upvote 0
To 4x4- I've heard that about task killers also heard they can be bad for your phone? I use it because even when backing out of programs I still end up bogging down with about 20-30m kleft... to above message, how do you have 2.1? I'm still waiting for Verizon to get with the program lol

Upvote 0
i used to feel the same way as you. the lag went away when i quit using the task killers. The only explanation for the lag is the phone is expecting you to reassign the memory for it as you always have in the past. just uninstall the task killer and never look back.I ised to be so paranoid that my phone was going to have a dead battery or locked up if I didnt kill tasks before quitting phone usage. That was such a hassle and i enjoy my phone so much more not worring qbout that. And as for 2.1 its all over this section. just download the new leak and follow the instructions to flash a rom.

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones