1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Problems with Voicemail/Texting after Cyanogen Mod

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by amentowasso, Aug 17, 2011.

1. amentowasso

amentowasso Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    So I installed CM7 on my Evo 4G, and since it took all of the Sprint programs off, I have been playing with different programs to see what I like best.

It came preloaded with a Messenger program, but I always liked Handcent on my Gingerbread set-up so I downloaded it. Worked fine, but I kept getting duplicates on the Messenger program. I disabled auto-notification on the stock Messenger, and it seemed to be fine.

Then I got a missed call and found that I had no voicemail set-up, so I installed Google Voice per a recommendation I read, set it up, and I am getting my voicemails through there.

However, I went several hours texting people and not getting a response, and then when I got a missed call from my advisor at school and waited 10 minutes without a voicemail, I went in to Google Voice and refreshed it to find that I had several texts and 2 voicemails in there.

How can I disable texting on Google Voice, and make Handcent the default?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement

2. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert
    None

Feb 20, 2011
    /home/
    People where having a problem with GV about a month or so ago, and the best to disable is was through the website. And by best, I mean 'only'.

Yeah, turning off notifs for default sms app should do it for handcent. And you should have voicemail in CM7, I do.
    You might want to nandroid, and re-flash it. Or wipe cache and davlik, sometimes that helps when things are screwy.

3. amentowasso

amentowasso Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    Yea, did some more research after posting and found the tutorial to add the Sprint VVM with CM7. Worked like a charm. Disabled notifications on Messenging and now have Handcent for Texting and the VVM for voicemail. Google Voice went in the dumpster, I hated it.

Did anyone ever come out with a fix for the 6019 texts with the VVM? I blacklisted it in Handcent but it still comes up in the notification bar.

4. ExSaint

ExSaint Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 2, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Best way to fix the google voice ordeal is to disable your account online and then get google voice lite, which is strickly voicemail, not calls or texts. just voicemail. That's what you want.

5. amentowasso

amentowasso Lurker
    None

Aug 17, 2011
    I am fine with Visual Voicemail as long as we can eventually get rid of the 6019 texts.

I really don't get many voicemails, so I would rather just stick with what works.

Thanks though!

6. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    GV works well for me. I just had to make sure to not use my sprint number with GV but rather have a GV number that my calls are forwarded to for voicemail.

Tags: