• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Productivity Apps

Tatertot88

Lurker
Feb 14, 2012
Hi everyone.

I'm new to Android technology. I recently won a Kindle Fire in a contest. I was disappointed to learn that there are so many apps that are unavailable in the Amazon App store. I've been a used of the program Producteev on my Mac for over a year now. I really wanted to install it on my Fire. Alas, Amazon does not have it in their store.

I've learned a lot over the past few days about rooting and sideloading. I do not trust myself in rooting my device. I'd rather just sideload the non-amazon apps.

In short, would anyone be willing to get a hold of the Producteev .apk files for me? I haven't been able to find them on file sharing sites and I have my hesitations in trusting those sites anyway.

I would greatly appreciate this. Thank you.

Good call on not trusting the file sharing sites, no telling what you'd be downloading (not to mention the potential legal issues).

Have you tried Getjar? It's a totally legit site and I can see Producteev is available there. I've only used Getjar a few times (and it was a while back) and iirc it allows you to download the apks directly.

Reactions: Tatertot88
Upvote 0
I can't find the apk files anywhere online. A site suggested that I ask on a forum if anyone would be willing to get the files for me using one of their non-Kindle Fire Android devices. Apparently a semi-savvy person can get an app for their droid phone and extract the apk files from there, which can then be transferred to your Kindle.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones