• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question About S2 and Ice Cream Sandwich

Oimie

Oct 26, 2011
Hey guys! I want to change the theme of my S2 so it looks like the one in this video.
I want to make sure of a few things before I mess with my phone.
1. I must upgrade my phone to Ice Cream Sandwich to get that theme?
2. Is it safe to upgrade my phone to Ice Cream Sandwich?
3. How do I upgrade it to Ice Cream Sandwich?

Here are specs of my S2.
Model: i9100
Android version:2.3.4
Baseband version: i9100
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-i9100UHKI2-CL553601 se.infra@SEI-07 #2
Build number: GINGERBREAD.UHKI2

I have no idea what these specs means but if you need any other information, let me know. Also, I'm using T-Mobile. And since my phone is not compatible with 3g or 4g network, I use wi-fi only.

Thanks.

Hey guys! I want to change the theme of my S2 so it looks like the one in this video.
I want to make sure of a few things before I mess with my phone.
1. I must upgrade my phone to Ice Cream Sandwich to get that theme?
2. Is it safe to upgrade my phone to Ice Cream Sandwich?
3. How do I upgrade it to Ice Cream Sandwich?

Here are specs of my S2.
Model: i9100
Android version:2.3.4
Baseband version: i9100
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7-i9100UHKI2-CL553601 se.infra@SEI-07 #2
Build number: GINGERBREAD.UHKI2

I have no idea what these specs means but if you need any other information, let me know. Also, I'm using T-Mobile. And since my phone is not compatible with 3g or 4g network, I use wi-fi only.

Thanks.

1. As it states at the very beginning of the video... it is an Ice Cream Sandwich theme, flashed to Gingerbread.

2. See post #1, here.

3. See posts #1 and #2, here.

Upvote 0
1. As it states at the very beginning of the video... it is an Ice Cream Sandwich theme, flashed to Gingerbread.

2. See post #1, here.

3. See posts #1 and #2, here.
Thanks. That really helps. But I forget my most important question. I'm living in the U.S. but I liked the i1900 model of the S2, so I had to buy an unlocked version in order to use T-Mobile. Will ICS have any affect on it, or it makes no difference? I have very little knowledge on this.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones