• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Question to those that use Soundhound

ebc1973

Jul 1, 2010
For those that have the premium version, is it a one time 4.99 charge, or will I be billed 4.99 per month? Sometimes these things are not very clear, and you think it is a one time thing, and find out later it is a recurring charge. Just want to clarify before going further. Thanks.

In my short time with soundhound I have been impressed. I love that it shows lyrics for tagged songs and it does tag quicker than shazam. There has been a couple times when it missed songs that shazam nailed. One example is 50 Cent - window shopper, Soundhound mis labeled this song twice in a row while shazam nailed it. Im hoping its just with that song because overall soundhound has been very accurate.

Upvote 0
In my short time with soundhound I have been impressed. I love that it shows lyrics for tagged songs and it does tag quicker than shazam. There has been a couple times when it missed songs that shazam nailed. One example is 50 Cent - window shopper, Soundhound mis labeled this song twice in a row while shazam nailed it. Im hoping its just with that song because overall soundhound has been very accurate.
This works Vice Versa as well. I put both apps on my iphone[got em both back when they were fresh out the gate and still *free*] and I did several random test for a good 20-30 minutes tagging different songs, and the results varied. Some songs Midomi[Soundhound] got that Shazam didnt and vice versa. YMMV.

Upvote 0
I have been testing out both apps the last week and have found Soundhound to be more consistent. It found several songs that Shazam couldn't identify. Also, when I brought up the album catalog of the same artist on both, Soundhound brought up the artist's entire catalog, while Shazam only brought up about a third of them.

Looks like I'm going to make the jump to the Soundhound premium version.

Upvote 0
I'm using Shazam right now. My question about SoundHound is, does it have a 1-touch widget?

That's all I'm really looking for. When I'm driving in my car, and I hear a song I like, I want a 1-touch tagging control. Shazam is currently like 3 clicks, with 2 of them coming after the pause of waiting for the inital app to load. I gotta keep my eyes on the fine ladie...er, the road.

D

Upvote 0
I'm using Shazam right now. My question about SoundHound is, does it have a 1-touch widget?

That's all I'm really looking for. When I'm driving in my car, and I hear a song I like, I want a 1-touch tagging control. Shazam is currently like 3 clicks, with 2 of them coming after the pause of waiting for the inital app to load. I gotta keep my eyes on the fine ladie...er, the road.

D
No 1-touch widget, but you can set the app to tag as soon as you open it, therefore having 1-touch like functionality. Just put the app on your homescreen, and as soon as you launch it, it starts tagging.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones