• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about the alarm clock after 2.1 update?

Is anyone having issues that when the alarm goes off it can't be turned off? The alarm used to go off then the screen would ask you to either turn it off or snooze it. Now all I get is my regular unlock the screen. And when I do I am at my home screen with the alarm still going off. The only way I can turn it off is by turning the phone off. It just started happening about 3 days ago. Any ideas???

I just partially this one out after the second day of frustration requiring that I turn off my phone.

Tap on the clock. Then bring up settings. In the "Side button behavior" selector you can choose the action of the side button. Select it.

Now...I found that I couldn't actually turn OFF the alarm with the side button (as with 1.5) but it at least brings up a screen that allows me to turn off the alarm with a downward swipe.

I'd say this is a bug.

Reactions: TheShape222
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones