• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

richm052569

Sep 1, 2016
Just got a message on the ZMax Pro I never noticed before. The phone's battery was down around 2% when I finally plugged it in (stock wall charger/cable). Battery Saver had enabled itself by then.

Once I plugged it in, the screen automatically turned on, as usual. I happened to notice a scrolling message on the lock screen, something like " If using the furnished charger, please reconnect for a Quick Charge". So I pulled the cable and reconnected it, the scrolling message disappeared, and "Charging" replaced it.

Not sure if anyone has seen this before? Maybe I didn't fully connect the cable the first time? It's not a big deal, I find the phone charges quite fast anyway, I got up to 55% in about 20 mins, pulled the plug again and am posting this from the phone now.

Just got a message on the ZMax Pro I never noticed before. The phone's battery was down around 2% when I finally plugged it in (stock wall charger/cable). Battery Saver had enabled itself by then.

Once I plugged it in, the screen automatically turned on, as usual. I happened to notice a scrolling message on the lock screen, something like " If using the furnished charger, please reconnect for a Quick Charge". So I pulled the cable and reconnected it, the scrolling message disappeared, and "Charging" replaced it.

Not sure if anyone has seen this before? Maybe I didn't fully connect the cable the first time? It's not a big deal, I find the phone charges quite fast anyway, I got up to 55% in about 20 mins, pulled the plug again and am posting this from the phone now.
It means the cable wasnt connected all the way so the power module couldn't tell what type of charger it was so it defaults to 500ma, when you unplug and replug the charger sends a data packet to the module inside the phone which tells the phone this charger will charge safely at 2000ma and the phone accepts the power.

Upvote 0
It does support quick charging, I don't know the extent of how far but I used my girls S6 charger just to get a screenshot of the message..
Screenshot_20161205-100251.png

Upvote 0
Not only have I not seen that message, but since the update I've lost the Quick / Fast Charge logos both @ phone off & the battery settings screen.

AND.... I've gotten the opposite message :
Charging has been slowed because your phone ideal temperature is too high.

It stopped saying fast charging while the phone is off and charging. It still says it in the battery settings screen. I found that sometimes I have to unplug and replug to activate the fast charging. Especially when it says "If using the furnished charger, please reconnect for a Quick Charge." This was the case before the update and after the update.

Reactions: horsecharles
Upvote 0
It stopped saying fast charging while the phone is off and charging. It still says it in the battery settings screen. I found that sometimes I have to unplug and replug to activate the fast charging. Especially when it says "If using the furnished charger, please reconnect for a Quick Charge." This was the case before the update and after the update.
You got me to retest everything with the unplug / replug suggest, since I only had regular charging in battery screen.

It looks like the included adapter does not fast charge anymore - a QC(2or3) is needed.
The original included cable works ok though, when swapped into a fast charger.

Next time the phone drains I will also test the following adapters from: Windows tablet, LG Gx, Samsung Galaxy, Alcatel, Lumia.
It'll be useful for discarding the lesser.

I will also double check that QC does not produce fast charging logo @ phone off.

It all goes without saying - as long as the phone temp is not higher than X?
Not only is charging slower then, but also completely auto disabled when phone too hot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones