• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root quick question regarding PRL

Pecosb

Jan 12, 2010
so i searched but couldnt find what i was looking for.. maybe someone here can help.

was having MMS issues so i had to reflash fresh 3.5.0.1, everything seems up to date from what i could tell/compared with flipz' site. but i cannot get my PRL to update.. when i go to settings - system updates- update prl it searches and updates for a minute, then gives me the message that my PRL has been updated, but when i go to check it in about phone software, it still shows it as 01115.. from what i could find ppl r in the 6XXXX range. now im not sure if it even matters, or if it needs to be updated, or if mine is or isnt.. hence why im here asking..

sooo, if anyone has any info regarding this that they could share id appreciate it.. i couldnt seem to figure it out..

ps. i dont know if its related or not, but i didnt do the update to the PRI/NV/Radio/Wimax. i know i did it last time i flashed the rom because its on my sd card, but the info on flipz page regarding fresh seemed to be up to date without having to do it, so if anyone knows if that would cause my problem then ill go ahead and update those, but i guess i was waiting to find out before i started messin with other stuff.

anywho, thanks for your time and i appreciate any constructive responses :p

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones