• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Random Shutdowns?

It seems as though my phone is randomly shutting down. Ive had it happen in my pocket as well as while charging... Anyone else have this happening?I'm running CTMOD3.3 no OC....

Old ass issue.
Don't keep it in your pocket. Get a holster, or get looser fitting jeans. Or maybe even a case that makes the buttons on the sides recessed.

If the buttons on the side of the phone get held down for too long, the phone will either power off or reboot.

Upvote 0
However, if its sitting on a table CHARGING as stated??? Very lil running, no overclock, so no overheat...

I know I say this a lot but I say it a lot because it works. Have you tried using Odin to restore a rooted factory image? There could be many things that are causing this to happen. Using Odin is a good place to start if its crashing while on the charger.

Are you using a factory battery? A cheap one could cause this problem too. Also check to make sure that your battery is secure and not moving around inside the battery compartment. I've read where that has caused this problem and was fixed by folding a small piece of paper and putting it inside between the phone back and the battery .

Sent from my SPH-M820-BST using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Upvote 0
, no overclock, so no overheat...

Not necessarily true.. I have had it overheat long before oc... When you say 'very little' do you happen to mean Wifi Tether or GPS?
both cause LOTS of heat... Other things Games, apps that send/receive notifications (in the background, maybe without you even knowing :eek:)

this phone is technically 'overclocked' out of the box stock. (it's only a 600mhz processor to begin with.)

Upvote 0
My phone is also shutting down frequently- once or twice a day- on its own. I utilize Advanced Task Killer frequently, am rooted, and use alternate "system"- ODIN, I think, but not sure, it was one suggested on this forum. Anyway, I try to keep minimal apps running and close items often. Sometimes phone will freeze while I'm doing something, or just shut down when I'm not using it and it's sitting on a table.

Upvote 0
Old ass issue.
Don't keep it in your pocket or get looser fitting jeans.

I'm with Kouma, no one should wear skinny jeans..

awx6o8.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones