• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rant Thread - What really grinds your gears?

I had been with Geico for over 20 years and when it came time to sell the truck the insurance was due to be paid. I let it go, thinking that when i got the new car I would just get new insurance.

The dealership would not let me drive the car off the lot without insurance, (I paid cash for it) and it was 7 pm and we were all tired of bickering over the price, so I called The General for instant insurance to be able to drive it home, (I was 60 miles from home)

Not only was the agent inept I got gigged on the price ! The next morning I called Geico to see what I had to do to get back in the fold. I informed the agent that I would cancel The General and call her back and she says, "No, that means your rate will be higher because you have no insurance ! Sign up now and then cancel it and you get a better rate !"

So I do and The General wants to argue with me about a full refund, they requested a letter stating I wanted to cancel it and then refused to give me full refund even though I technically only used their policy for 8 hours.

I called the bank that holds the credit card I used that evening and they said they would put the purchase in dispute for investigation. I asked that the card be locked so The General could not make any more charges in case the investigation took so long the next payment was due.

Smart move as even though I had made 4 phone calls requesting cancellation and a written notice for cancellation, The General still tried to charge my card for the next months payment ! ! !

A transaction on your credit card ending in **** was declined.​
You attempted to make a purchase of $150.95 at The General 800 280 14 that was declined.

Yah fook you Shaq, the bank took care of it !

Reactions: olbriar and AugieTN
Upvote 0
The electric lift that raises and lowers the deck on my big mower quit again today. I should have had it replaced when it was in the shop a month ago. I have the parts located and will buy they tomorrow. The trick will be if I can do the repair. Doing without my big mower for three weeks in the spring will kill me.

• Sad
Reactions: Unforgiven
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones