• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Except no matter how fast the updates come they won't fix the crap radio's in the nexus(yes I have one and installed the leaked radios from 4.0.3 and they didn't help) Not to mention with how buggy ICS is atm and how since 99% of phones aren't running ICS most apps still do not function properly on ICS.

Fail on your part!

Okay you're right. But could you list all the bugs in ICS that you've encountered?

Upvote 0
Okay you're right. But could you list all the bugs in ICS that you've encountered?

Power button doesn't always turn the phone on( have to remove the battery and reboot)
when in browser it kicks me out multiple times while on various sites
LED notification not working unless you use a 3rd party app
lag in the keyboard(should not happen on a device with the specs that it has)
The list goes on...

Upvote 0
Power button doesn't always turn the phone on( have to remove the battery and reboot)
when in browser it kicks me out multiple times while on various sites
LED notification not working unless you use a 3rd party app
lag in the keyboard(should not happen on a device with the specs that it has)
The list goes on...

Okay redraider1.

Anyway, back on topic, I used to think the Rezound was the better device between the two, but I've come around to the RAZR. Blur is at least somewhat faithful to the Android UI paradigms, while Sense is just a battery-hogging mess.

Reactions: Montana Man
Upvote 0
Okay redraider1.

Anyway, back on topic, I used to think the Rezound was the better device between the two, but I've come around to the RAZR. Blur is at least somewhat faithful to the Android UI paradigms, while Sense is just a battery-hogging mess.

So I list issues I have and you call me names? I listed what issues I had. But razr> rezoubd for thinness, blur doesn't bog resources like sense does and with omap processor hopefully easier update to ics since that is the processor ics was developed on.

Upvote 0
So I list issues I have and you call me names? I listed what issues I had. But razr> rezoubd for thinness, blur doesn't bog resources like sense does and with omap processor hopefully easier update to ics since that is the processor ics was developed on.

What? I wasn't meaning to call you names :) I was just calling you by the name of your old account before it got banned. Sorry if it seemed like i was being rude, haha.

Blur is better than sense in resource management but its still a skin on top of stock android. Its going to use more memory.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
You know.... one big selling point of the razr is the hdmi out. You can do soooo much with that. It turns your phone into a multimedia beast. I connect wirelessly my wiimote to the phone and the phone to the tv (55") and play Street Fighter II. I Own a legit copy of the game as well. I forsee this kind of setup revolutionizing the gaming industry. Maybe one day consoles will be a thing of the past.

Upvote 0
I recently purchased the razr great phone but wait for the razr max over 3 times the battery life worth the wait should be out 1/26/12

Just a quick note: Maxx battery is 3300mAh and regular Razr is 1780 if I remember correctly - that is not even 2x the battery life.

On topic. Razr to me looks like a a much better phone overall and Sense seems a bit too intrusive.

Upvote 0
The rezound has hdmi out; though you have to use an mhl cable; but monoprice sells them for around $9.

You know.... one big selling point of the razr is the hdmi out. You can do soooo much with that. It turns your phone into a multimedia beast. I connect wirelessly my wiimote to the phone and the phone to the tv (55") and play Street Fighter II. I Own a legit copy of the game as well. I forsee this kind of setup revolutionizing the gaming industry. Maybe one day consoles will be a thing of the past.

Upvote 0
I have the rezound and just switched to the maxx. LOVE the shape and battery life of the maxx. 14 hours of moderate use and still have 60% battery!

The only thing I am not sure of is the screen color. The whites on the maxx seem a bit yellowish and the colors more muted. Maybe I just have a defective unit. Have others noticed this?

Upvote 0
As a pentile amoled design the razr off angle suffers colour shift. Do yo have this issue head on ?

I have the rezound and just switched to the maxx. LOVE the shape and battery life of the maxx. 14 hours of moderate use and still have 60% battery!

The only thing I am not sure of is the screen color. The whites on the maxx seem a bit yellowish and the colors more muted. Maybe I just have a defective unit. Have others noticed this?

Upvote 0
Check the build date; the early versions had a green tint off angle and a bit more yellow head on; the later builds seem to have less yellow head on (pretty close to neutral) but a blue tint at an angle.
-
Not so sure I would call it bad but definitely different. The galaxy s2 (amoled plus) has a true rgb matrix and no colour shift but it is lower resolution and has other issues (also verizon did not release a galaxy s2).

Yes I do. Bad unit?

Upvote 0
Check the build date; the early versions had a green tint off angle and a bit more yellow head on; the later builds seem to have less yellow head on (pretty close to neutral) but a blue tint at an angle.
-
Not so sure I would call it bad but definitely different. The galaxy s2 (amoled plus) has a true rgb matrix and no colour shift but it is lower resolution and has other issues (also verizon did not release a galaxy s2).

Thanks for the reply. where do I find the build date? And what is the build date of the "newer" model. I appreciate your help!

Upvote 0
I would just accept it. THere is a thread over at xda where people comment on the yellow tint. Either my phone does not have it or i'm just not sensitive to it; The problem with these discussion is that no one provides quantitative numbers (i.e, for example rgb of the pixel). My guess is that since it has the blue tint it is not horrible; but if you find it unacceptable you could always compare it with the display models and/or ask for a swap.

Most folks on xda (who discusses the issue) also mentioned that after a week they forgot about it.

Without being able to view the phones side by side I we would both need one of those colour calibrator devices that can read and dispaly the rgb to carry this conversation further :(
-
I wish i could be of more help. I will say that my phone is better than the older store display models but I cannot comment on the newer ones (though I could swing by and compare it to a maxx, white or purple razr which will be later builds)

a slight blue color.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones