• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

RC33 For G1 On The Way

Actually... I've been freaking out a bit about my phone today because I'm using Netmeter and I can see my phone sending and receiving data and a bit of CPU being used... even after a reboot. I didn't think I was using any new applications or anything and I was wondering what was going on. I've gotten about 1Mb of data in the past couple hours without any applications running. I came here to do research and it sounds like R33 is being rolled out. Maybe that's that what's going on and my phone is downloading it in the background? I hope so.

no it does not do run update in the backround but your apps do run in the backround better check the permissions on the apps you have to find out...

Upvote 0
i have a rooted g1 on xda delopers jf 33 is out and about with the lattitude thing voice search update thing in settings i dont no what else this has but yea it works but my driod sans tweak tool for auto rotate stop working only problem so far....... but you got to be rooted we also have multi touch in our browser so thats a plus.... and some new themes are out for the update as well

Upvote 0
Guys, I think it's sincerely honestly randomly sent to individuals, not regions. At least one person has gotten it in Chicago, and I still don't have it. Just like with all the other updates, we won't be able to find a pattern by people posting their time and location. It's interesting, but isn't going to give you a clue.

Upvote 0
Guys, I think it's sincerely honestly randomly sent to individuals, not regions. At least one person has gotten it in Chicago, and I still don't have it. Just like with all the other updates, we won't be able to find a pattern by people posting their time and location. It's interesting, but isn't going to give you a clue.

Agreed my girlfriend also has a G1 and lives with me... she is still without RC33 same house so it's not by location that is for sure...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones