• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Really slow HTC Desire.

hcsuth

Lurker
Jun 5, 2010
My HTC is really slow! When I receive a new message it takes about 30seconds to even open it, then a further 30 or so to wait for the keyboard to respond. I have tried deleting the messages from my inbox and starting fresh, but am slightly cautious about just giving it a factory reset!
Also, when i am finished a phone call, as I take the phone away from my ear, it flashes on and off, meaning that I can't actually put the phone down! The only way to do it is to take the battery out of the back and start again!
Overall, I'm not very impressed with the phone, its supposed to be suitable for a businessman, but I can't even get it to work as a personal user!
We have 4 other people in the house with the same phone and none of them are experiencing these problems.

My HTC is really slow! When I receive a new message it takes about 30seconds to even open it, then a further 30 or so to wait for the keyboard to respond. I have tried deleting the messages from my inbox and starting fresh, but am slightly cautious about just giving it a factory reset!
Also, when i am finished a phone call, as I take the phone away from my ear, it flashes on and off, meaning that I can't actually put the phone down! The only way to do it is to take the battery out of the back and start again!
Overall, I'm not very impressed with the phone, its supposed to be suitable for a businessman, but I can't even get it to work as a personal user!
We have 4 other people in the house with the same phone and none of them are experiencing these problems.

It could be a faulty phone I suppose?

It's strange that every other person in the household seems to have no problems with the phone.

Are they using it just as much and performing similar tasks etc?

Upvote 0
I did the same update last week and I'm suffereing from the same problem... I don't think you've got a faulty phone. Most of my problems are with messaging, it takes about 30 seconds to load a message, then whilst typing a reply the phone freezes for about 30 seconds and types out a jumble of random letters. It was fine before loading it with the 2.1 update firmware. Its also slow to load other apps, animations in the home screen and emails. The only thing that seems to actually work is the keypad unlock. Any ideas how to revert it back to the old firmware? I dont care if I lose all my messages and contacts, I just want to be able to use my phone again!

Upvote 0
ok. I HAD the same problem. This is what i did, I sent to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications and removed App Killer first and then the other apps I never use. Trust me, there was a lot of unwanted apps that were running in my background. Just uninstalling App Killer made my phone much faster. Before it was laggy and its a nightmare to type messages as the phone is very slow, i have to type the message very slow. Deleting a letter took 3 seconds and removing the apps worked very well. Then I pressed the "Running" tab and force quit all the unwanted apps and restarted the phone. Wow.. I got my old phone back.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones