• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help "recent" folder

Well the Recent folder is causing a Force Close with my ADW Launcher, but I believe this is how to clear it:

Open Contacts
Swipe to the right to show the left screen (Contacts: History)
Press Menu
Press Clear History

You might confirm what is in the Recent folder is the same as Contacts: History before doing this. I'm pretty sure this is where the Recent folder gets it's info from, I just can't confirm it due to the FC issue on my phone.

Reactions: goodshepherd
Upvote 0
ive been searching all over for a way to clear the recent folder and this method seemed to do it without also deleting the actual recent call list or saved texts.

does anyone know if aside from the trashcan that appears when you drag a widget to delete it if there is an actual trash folder that can be accessed to be sure you securely deleted texts, pics and so on or restore anything accidentally deleted?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones