• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Recovering data from hard-bricked GT-I9100

SobUz

Lurker
Dec 12, 2014
Hi

I looked around for a while but didn't find a solution to my problem so starting a new thread.
The story:
My wife's phone (2.5 years old, unrooted, not sure what OS version - i think ICS) has stopped working - stuck at the logo. Everything on it was not backed up in a while - contacts, meetings, photos so it had to be attempted to restore.
After reading around i tried to flash a CWM.
I couldn't access the SD card in recovery mode, so i tried the adb sideloader.
Unfortunately it worked - i flashed the kernel from CWM-SuperSU-v0.97.zipand hard bricked the phone.
Now it doesn't react at all - stuck at a black screen. The only indication that it is still alive is that it warms up when plugged in.
I got my hands on USB JIG but it didn't do any affect - i tried the 2 methods i found (plugging the jig after removing and returning the battery and plugging the jig before returning the battery).

Any ideas what to do, except for sending it somewhere to use JTAG ?

Any help would be appreciated :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones