• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Recovering self text ??

cowboy1611

Lurker
Apr 15, 2021
Hello,
I deleted a text conversation.....

Found "Ultdata" and used it to recover text msgs...
It worked, except for the one I was looking for.

Note: and question
the msgs (conversation) is was looking to were texts that I send
to myself.... I do this if I'm on the run and want to remind myself of something or to make a
note to myself...

So I'm wondering if that particular texting is stored or classified differently, which is why it may have been missed by the search ???
Any thoughts on this ? or in general concerning recovering the text.

Hello,
I deleted a text conversation.....

Found "Ultdata" and used it to recover text msgs...

It worked, except for the one I was looking for.

Note: and question
the msgs (conversation) is was looking to were texts that I send
to myself.... I do this if I'm on the run and want to remind myself of something or to make a
note to myself...

So I'm wondering if that particular texting is stored or classified differently, which is why it may have been missed by the search ???
Any thoughts on this ? or in general concerning recovering the text.

"Ultdata" You're referring to this app? Which is apparently for iPhone. https://www.tenorshare.com/products/iphone-data-recovery.html

Can't really help you with Apple iOS devices, like iPhones and iPads.

Upvote 0
Well I tried "UltData for Android" on my Macbook and it wouldn't run, just shows a message that it needs to be updated. I guess they're going to have to update it for macOS Big Sur. I don't use Windows.

It did get it to fire up, but then needed rooting ?

I know rooting an Android device will almost certainly delete all data on it. And some devices just can't be rooted, depending on what they are, e.g. some US carrier version phones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones