• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Release date: 6/24 nationwide; 6/21 for SP members.

Upvote 0
It could be mid to end of june, called sprint today, and asked, of course she gave me no info, but did tell me sprint is launching a 4g samsung device that will be high end, and it will come out in june before the evo 3d, which makes me think it could even be july, but very curious what the samsung device is, she said that was all the info she had

I was reading this article yesterday and thought maybe this could be the samsung device. Its not quite high end but it does have wimax.

Sprint's Samsung D600 QWERTY Slider Revealed (Photo) [Update]

This site is saying a Release date of June 30th in India.
Meraj-Buzz.BlogSpot.Com: HTC Mobiles EVO 3D Features Price & Release Date Jun 30, 2011 In India

Will it be in the US before or after Europe? Thats the big question.

I also dont see Sprint realeasing two high end Android phones so close to one another. If Samsung coming out in June the Evo 3d wont be until mid to late July.

If by chance the gsm version is gonna be released the end of june I don't see how the sprint version would be released after that. The evo started with sprint so at worse case I say it would be a world wide release at the same time or the sprint version will be released before the european version.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
Wow - the D600 using a Qualcomm MSM8655? Not unprecedented now with some SGS2's shipping with a Tegra 2.

Well - choice is good. Sounds like there's going to be lots of it on Sprint with Android in just a few short months!

Edit - I'd not even heard of this beast - http://pocketnow.com/android/samsung-replenish-for-sprint-fully-exposed-images

Solar power back cover. :)

Agree the Evo 3D is likely to release here first - but... you never know.

Upvote 0
This site is saying a Release date of June 30th in India.
Meraj-Buzz.BlogSpot.Com: HTC Mobiles EVO 3D Features Price & Release Date Jun 30, 2011 In India

Will it be in the US before or after Europe? Thats the big question.

I also dont see Sprint realeasing two high end Android phones so close to one another. If Samsung coming out in June the Evo 3d wont be until mid to late July.

I think that's fake. I doubt the EVO 3D will have a GSM version. It doesn't make any sense if HTC is releasing sensation in europe.

P.S. India isn't in Europe.

Upvote 0
Vaguely I remember reading a month ago that the evo 3d would be release elsewhere; but I presume sprint will get it first. I'm just kind of disappointed with sprint approach to phone over the last year. T-mobile has had the best phone the earliest (perhaps it is easier than for them because of the frequency they work on?). Mind you there might be folks who are jumping for joy for the xperia play and a solar phone as well as the galaxy s with a keyboard; but well.... just not my cup of tea(s).

I think that's fake. I doubt the EVO 3D will have a GSM version. It doesn't make any sense if HTC is releasing sensation in europe.

P.S. India isn't in Europe.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I wonder if they will wait until a lot of evo owners first year will be up. I could be wrong but I think the majority of people waiting in line will be us original owners who have become fanboys.

That's why I think sprint doesn't need to waste to much time releasing this phone. Its not like a few years ago were a phone had a shelf life of 2 years. I don't think sprint needs to give their customers time to look at what the competition is offering a month or two down the road.

Upvote 0
lol. before we get too excited about this super-secret presale from Best Buy, just remember that it doesn't mean we're getting the phone earlier. It doesn't reveal the price, launch date, or any specs. We still know as much about this phone as we did yesterday.

So... since we HAD to bring up BSOD again... if this was really the info he was going to tell us on May 2, would any of us have cared? Why couldn't he just tell us back then? And I don't see the connection between BSOD and BB with HTC. Are we implying HTC whispered to BB, "hey, you guys need to start a super-secret presale on May 2?". And if BSOD is an insider at HTC, why would he have any insight as to Best Buy's presale program? BB doesn't need authorization from HTC to do this. Unless BSOD is also VP of BB? Could be; I might have missed that part.

Common Sense 3.0. Use it please.

Upvote 0
Let me float this theory out there.

The release date was given for the 4G on May 12 last year, right?

Well that, just happened to be a Wednesday last year. In 9 day's, Sprint is going to announce the new name of some band called "Yerkish", at the bottom it says "the big reveal in 9 days"

Sprint- All Together Now

Coincidence, maybe, but that is Wed the 11th, which would line up exactly the same as last year with the Wed the 12 announcement of the release date. Taking that same logic, the 4g was released 23 days later, on June 4, so if they do the same timing, that would mean the 3D would be on June 3 (which is widely speculated anyway).

Now, I could just be leading myself to all of these conclusions, but it all lines up to me.

Would love to know what you guys think about this.

Upvote 0
lol. before we get too excited about this super-secret presale from Best Buy, just remember that it doesn't mean we're getting the phone earlier. It doesn't reveal the price, launch date, or any specs. We still know as much about this phone as we did yesterday.

So... since we HAD to bring up BSOD again... if this was really the info he was going to tell us on May 2, would any of us have cared? Why couldn't he just tell us back then? And I don't see the connection between BSOD and BB with HTC. Are we implying HTC whispered to BB, "hey, you guys need to start a super-secret presale on May 2?". And if BSOD is an insider at HTC, why would he have any insight as to Best Buy's presale program? BB doesn't need authorization from HTC to do this. Unless BSOD is also VP of BB? Could be; I might have missed that part.

Common Sense 3.0. Use it please.

No one said anything about bluescreen and pre sale... I have no idea what he was going to say... truth or lie.

You jumped to conclusion...
Me.. I am just curious!

Upvote 0
Let me float this theory out there.

The release date was given for the 4G on May 12 last year, right?

Well that, just happened to be a Wednesday last year. In 9 day's, Sprint is going to announce the new name of some band called "Yerkish", at the bottom it says "the big reveal in 9 days"

Sprint- All Together Now

Coincidence, maybe, but that is Wed the 11th, which would line up exactly the same as last year with the Wed the 12 announcement of the release date. Taking that same logic, the 4g was released 23 days later, on June 4, so if they do the same timing, that would mean the 3D would be on June 3 (which is widely speculated anyway).

Now, I could just be leading myself to all of these conclusions, but it all lines up to me.

Would love to know what you guys think about this.

Your logic is impeccable.

Therefore, factoring ALL history in, they're going to name the new band ...

... wait for it ...

... wait ...

The Echo

Thank you! Try the salad, tip your waitress or waiter! :D

Srsly tho, your analysis is intriguing.

Upvote 0

Hmm. Though current rumors have the iPhone 5 releasing in the fall. Interesting to see (assuming this regional manager is to be believed) that HTC is prepared to snipe iPhone's release should it be secretly slated for summer. And something tells me iP5 is going to have 3D support and no more home button.

I'm of the opinion iP5 comes out in the Fall or year's end because they're going to take the time to try to make the phone really stand out. I think Apple knows they can't be seen playing constant catch-up to Android anymore.

June 17 sounds good to me. Whatever the date, let's hope HTC makes enough phones to meet the demand.

Upvote 0
Although it's certainly possible, I kind of doubt that Apple would make the iPhone5 3D.

Simply because it's still pretty much unproven tech on mobile phones, and Apple seems to like to take a wait and see approach before committing to anything big.

However, although I'm not much of an Apple fan, I would love for them to come up with something new and exciting with the iPhone 5. Although Android shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon, I wouldn't want anyone involved with it to become too complacent.

Upvote 0
Although it's certainly possible, I kind of doubt that Apple would make the iPhone5 3D.

Simply because it's still pretty much unproven tech on mobile phones, and Apple seems to like to take a wait and see approach before committing to anything big.

You might take that viewpoint because of Apple's stance on 4G, which they consider an immature technology and doesn't provide a reliable, good experience for the user. But one thing's for sure: Apple does NOT take a wait and see approach with most of their designs.

Here's an article talking about an Apple patent where not only are they implementing a lenticular array for stereoscopic 3D, but they may be doing it in conjunction with head tracking, which gives you another "dimension," which is perspective. If they pull that off in a phone or a tablet, it will eclipse Evo's 3D for sure.

Apple patent reveals plans for holographic display - Telegraph

Apple is a pioneer in user interface and experience. 4G is not in that realm. But 3D display is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones