• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Remove a disabled email from a nexus 7 account

msalazar86

Lurker
Sep 22, 2017
I have a email that I used while I worked for a community college. Last month the something happened with their systems and a bunch of employee email passwords were reset, they sent out a email to recover the passwords which I did, but my email had been changed from an employee account to a student account and the actual email address was changed from the original. Now every time I try to sign into the play store to update it keeps asking me to sign in with the work email, but the account is gone and I can't sign into it. I have a second personal email account on my Nexus 7 but it keeps asking me for the old work email, probably because it's the first email I put into it. Since I don't think they'll change my email back because I don't work there anymore. Is there anyway to remove the old work email from my google account without factory resetting my tablet. Any help would be appreciated.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones