• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Replacement phones

I've seen more than a few reports here of people being offered Touch Pro's exclusively for Moment swaps, though I'm assuming they're Touch Pro 2's. Similar size, lots of features but totally destroyed by a antiquated recalcitrant OS that I wouldn't touch again with a 100' pole. If it sounds like I'm a little biased against WinMo, you've read correctly. Because there's no obvious successor to the Moment like there was from say a Touch Pro to a Touch Pro 2, the old game of complain to get a free (worthwhile) uprgade doesn't work well with this phone. The Intercept isn't an upgrade and is viewed by many to be a downgrade. There's no way short of being the best Sprint customer ever that you'll be offered an Epic.

Reactions: newboyx
Upvote 0
Insurance is going to cost you $100, not to mention that using it to upgrade/change models is technically fraud (don't worry, I won't tell on you).

When it comes to upgrades, I've never had success dealing with Sprints phone customer support. They always take the hard line with me and say NO.
i wasn't looking to take advantage and try to get a different phone. i actually like the moment, i prefer it over the evo and the intercept. epic on the other hand is sweet, but no i didn't want to try an upgrade just to replace if i were to have problems.

Upvote 0
received my replacement phone on tuesday. The tech recommended if I need another replacement that I should go with another model. According to that I should go with another model. According to him the official replacement is the intercept. But on a positive note, the intercept its now evdo rev a. It was a software issue , not a hardware issue. It has since received an update. was a software issue , not a hardware issue. It has since received an update

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones