• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Report your 2.1 OTA error /bugs/complaints here.

Was about to do a manual install of OTA yesterday when I got update notification. So I just did regular OTA.

Anyway, since updating, I can no longer rename any personal files nor copy/cut & paste files on my SD card. I've now tried 4 different apps none of them will allow me to rename or move files around on SD card. Anyone got ideas?

Before update I never had this problem.
:thinking:

Upvote 0
OTD, about the HTC battery widget. That sucks, I switched from battery indicator to the widget. Liked it better, but looks like I will have to get rid of it. Just wondering if that was something you found within the 1st day or 2 of having 2.1, or if you gave it a bit longer?

No, I suffered for over a month before I figured that out.

Reactions: jlrosell
Upvote 0
No, I suffered for over a month before I figured that out.
Getting rid of it right now then. Back to battery indicator. I had good life with that. Maybe because I didnt leave it run all the time. Just clicked it when ever I wondered what my % was and closed it.

Weird... after I uninstalled, I pressed the back button to get out of my list of apps, and I got the HTC screen, then Loading on my blank homescreen. Guess it rebooted?

Upvote 0
My biggest complaint -
My Facebook friend's pictures are not showing up in my contacts list. I went to settings, accounts & sync, removed Facebook account and added it again thinking maybe that would help. Now some of my contacts are linked but their pics aren't there. And my contacts whose names start with M-Z are not in my list of Facebook contacts for me to chose from when i try to link them. GRRRR!

Upvote 0
You are not the only one with speed dial issue, currently there isnt a workaround available.

This is a long thread, and I admit to not reading back very far.. I'm just wondering if those experiencing an issue with speed dial have attempted the phone > Menu > select speed dial > add new method of re-populating their speed dial list.

Upvote 0
I'm having trouble with my contacts and texting using Handcent SMS. When I send a message it works, but when I receive it from another person it comes in a different box and when trying to reply it asks to save the number. Could this be, because I don't use the area code? I have my contacts saved under Google and I didn't have to punch in my local area code with 1.5

Upvote 0
My biggest complaint -
My Facebook friend's pictures are not showing up in my contacts list. I went to settings, accounts & sync, removed Facebook account and added it again thinking maybe that would help. Now some of my contacts are linked but their pics aren't there. And my contacts whose names start with M-Z are not in my list of Facebook contacts for me to chose from when i try to link them. GRRRR!

I'm having the same issue but mine starts with K. Anyone have any advice or a fix for this issue. It is really annoying that I can't sync my Facebook contact info with my phone contacts. I don't seem to be having other issues yet but haven't worked my phone over much yet either. Thanks.

Upvote 0
I went from 1.5 to 2.1 OTA (not manual). Never had any issues before.

1. Weather app force close every time. Although the widgets seems to be working. (Like the background weather animation in the home screen)

2. Calendar app force close every time when you click on a date in the month view. Anyone else have this issue?

3. Of-course pinch to zoom in maps and gallery app are missing.

Upvote 0
Posted this in its own thread but might as well post it here too...

This might just be me being picky, but... after the update yesterday, when I go to select multiple contacts to send a text to it now gives a list of EVERYONE in my phone book and facebook friends listing their home/email/cell phone numbers all individually, which caused the list to go from about 50 names to scroll through to over 300. Now before the update when I went to select multiple contacts to send a text to it was just the list of the people who's phone numbers I have in my phone. (BTW, this is the stock messaging feature, not an app or any of that). I've looked for hours for a setting to only show phone numbers and not to show facebook contacts in the text selection but no luck at all.

Upvote 0
I did the manual OTA and a couple issues I noticed so far is that it seems slower than it was with 1.5 which is strange.

Also, for some reason, when I pull up a browser and go to some sites (like this one) I seem to be looking at old data like it's pulling cached pages and not refreshing them.

And I backed up my contacts and after I imported them back in, they were all jacked up. Now I need to completely rebuild my contact list because each contact has several different links associated and many of them were cross linked creating a bit of a mess.

Lastly, sometimes while composing a text message, it just closes and dumps out to one of the home panels or it will just drop all my text I already typed and be sitting at the start of the text box.

In hind site, I'm starting to think doing the manual OTA wasn't such a good idea because in 1.5 my phone worked great. Now, it just seems things are off and it's just not working like it used to.

Upvote 0
I found the 2.1 update to be quite nifty and prefer it to 1.5, but there are a few issues I noticed (after a couple hours). Amazon MP4 app seems to turn on by itself quite a bit (I have to close it with Advanced Task Manager every once in a while). I'm not sure if this is the same app that made my phone have a high awake time though when I woke up this morning and checked the battery. It might just be the Gmail app that made my green light keep blinking, though I'm not sure if its a problem with the app or 1.5 itself.

All my problems seem to stem from how my old apps have been affected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones