• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Reset to Brand-new

The reason why I want to do this is because before I installed a rom with rom toolbox lite my phone was perfect nothing was wrong with it. After I changed the font, the boot logo, and many other things my phone started to reboot with no particular reason. So I did all the resets I could, but nothing works. I cleared the cache and data of rom toolbox and it minimized the problem but it still happens any ideas?

Upvote 0
Thanks, but I already tried that. Also when I restore it doesn't delete all internal folders. Is there a way to completely wipe out everything?

You could format with your computer (or is that a bad idea?)
then you could restore it with lgnpst, then upgrade.
That should wipe everything.
And are you sure it's not the rom? Try installing BrokenOut 1.1, everything works perfectly on it.

Upvote 0
Hey, can ask y'all a question? How can I reset my LG esteem to brand new. I've hard reset, factory reset everything, and even emergency restore, but I can't seem to be able to delete everything. I tryed to clear cache and data from a few system apps and no luck.

The only way to do that is you need to downgrade then you have to update back to zvd that's the only way u could get your phone back to bone stock ;)

Upvote 0
You could format with your computer (or is that a bad idea?)
then you could restore it with lgnpst, then upgrade.
That should wipe everything.
And are you sure it's not the rom? Try installing BrokenOut 1.1, everything works perfectly on it.

Something like this ^^
When I downgrade and then upgrade I still have folders. So how do I format my phone?

Upvote 0
Something like this ^^
When I downgrade and then upgrade I still have folders. So how do I format my phone?

Folders? Well You do have an internal SD. If that's not formatted then everything that WAS on there is STILL going to be there. Format internal SD if you want to delete everything. Do at your own risk though. Just sayin

Upvote 0
Only thing I'm going to save is Homeless Kernel and #2 1.9.1 which is what I'm currently using. By the way since most of y'all are already here I would like to say. I truly admire your work on ROMs, Themes, Kernels, and help, thanks. So what do I do to format it? Is it the one from the settings?

Format it in CWM.

I would personally just hand delete the files that way the android files stay put.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones