• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Resizing pictures for posting

How do I do that? I keep running into that error message about a file too big to use. Other times it's fine. Isn't there some way to fix that?
Yes--it's a glitch...it just hasn't been fixed. Yet.

Do you have any photo- or image-editing software? On my computers, I use the GIMP. On Android, I use F-Stop Gallery Pro and Photo Editor.

I can walk you through resizing images with any of those 3 programs. For other apps, the procedure should be similar. Let us know what you're using!

Reactions: Rgarner
Upvote 0
How do I do that? I keep running into that error message about a file too big to use. Other times it's fine. Isn't there some way to fix that?

You can resize images in your computer's browser for free here:
https://www.befunky.com/create/photo-editor/

And here's the android version of the above:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=air.com.befunky.BeFunkyPhotoEditor&hl=en

There's a bug with the forum that sometimes doesn't allow a large image upload.

Upvote 0
All I'm using is the S5's own camera and maybe photos. I've never tried those others. I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to this stuff.

It's generally pretty easy and straightforward to resize an image.

Just choose one of the apps suggested in this thread and open your image in it.
Look for a button that says either "resize" or "scale" image and click it.

Now lets for example say your original image size is 1000x600 (width x height). You would lower those numbers to reduce the image size. Like perhaps, 800x400.

If you leave the aspect ratio locked which is usually the default setting, then all you have to do is lower the width only or the height only, and it will resize the image evenly. Then you can save it.

If you wish to just experiment and not have to install anything then try the first link I posted. They even have test images for you to test with.

Upvote 0
This app does the job, the free version is enough

Screenshot_20191030_090836.jpg

Upvote 0
@lvt I get what your saying but why use up your phone memory be to install an app when you can use a websites storage?
Please don't bring up Photobucket. I got burned like everybody else. :( The pics are still on my PC or phones though so that was just annoying. :p

Most of forums have their own photos storage and a convenient tool to upload the photos, and it's better that way (Photobucket fiasco comes through my mind too).

An app may be useful when the forums limit the photo sizes (being a web developer myself it makes sense to me).

Besides resizing the photos, the app I mentioned above also can crop the pictures which makes it a nice package.

Reactions: dontpanicbobby
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones