• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Revolution- New NBC show

It did!!! Seriously???? It looked like it had some potential....

NBC right? Figures

Yeah, NBC figured if a show couldn't pick up a huge audience in one week, L&O re-runs were a better move.

And networks wonder why new shows have trouble picking up audience any more. They're not getting a chance! Instant smash or they're gone in favor of re-runs. This is why a lot of viewers are deciding there's no point in giving a new series any time, it'll just get axed anyway.

(grumble) I think DNH was a LOT better written than Revolution and even the Jekyll/Hyde thing was a lot more internally consistent. Plus, the characters were a lot more worth spending viewing time with.

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Yeah, NBC figured if a show couldn't pick up a huge audience in one week, L&O re-runs were a better move.

And networks wonder why new shows have trouble picking up audience any more. They're not getting a chance! Instant smash or they're gone in favor of re-runs. This is why a lot of viewers are deciding there's no point in giving a new series any time, it'll just get axed anyway.

(grumble) I think DNH was a LOT better written than Revolution and even the Jekyll/Hyde thing was a lot more internally consistent. Plus, the characters were a lot more worth spending viewing time with.

Completely agree. And NBC is the worst at it. I still have a grudge about 'Life' even though that got a second season

Never heard of it lol.

And that is the problem! :)

Upvote 0
While "Do No Harm" got yanked after TWO episodes, which is nowhere NEAR a fair chance. (grump)

It used to be the case with nearly all TV shows that you could start watching it at any point in any season, and have whatever episodes you watched make sense, without you having seen previous episodes.

A lot of modern TV dramas are different. You have to have watched the very first episode in order for the second episode to make sense, and every episode builds on the previous episodes.

24 stands out to me as the first example of such a TV show that I ever watched. If you didn't watch the very first episode of 24, then the second episode wouldn't make sense. If you didn't watch the second episode, then the third episode wouldn't make sense. And so on. But each episode left you eager to see what was going to happen next, insuring that you were certain to tune in for the next episode.

From a ratings standpoint, this means that such a TV show really needs to attract, in its first episode or two, the audience that the network thinks it will need to make the show worth continuing. If it doesn't pick up enough audience in the first few episodes, then it probably isn't going to, ever.

I suppose it's a trade-off that the networks have to gamble with. An old-style TV show, where each episode stands on its own, can attract new audience at any time, and it can also lose audience at any time. A modern serial drama can only really attract audience at the start, but once hooked, that audience is more likely to keep watching, as each episode leaves them eager to see what happens next.

Reactions: dan330
Upvote 0
Still stupid, since viewers are going to start concluding it's not worth it to even watch a new show, especially now that ABC yanked "Zero Hour" after three episodes. I'm REALLY dubious about starting any new series at this point. Seems like a waste of time to start watching something that's only going to be on for a couple of weeks anyway.

Upvote 0
I enjoyed the episode, but I had to laugh at how lamely they overcame the cliffhanger from the season break with the helicopter gunship about to fire on them.

Basically... "Move!" and they ran away and nobody got hit lol.

What I thought was funny was when they were in the woods, no power so it's a pretty much silent planet, and they don't hear the helicopter coming until it's right above them lol.
The Monroe Militia logo looks exactly like the Motorola logo. At first I was like "why is there a Motorola logo on the front of that helicopter?" haha

Upvote 0
Charlie is getting on my nerves a bit w/ this whole "I'm little miss bad a$$" attitude.:rolleyes:

Ok...on tonights episode the Google dude ( sorry can't remember his name ) had 2 more charm thingys. When did he get those ? I don't remember seeing him obtain these in the other episodes. Just curious as the wife & I were like :hmmmm: when we saw him pull those out in the lab scene.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones