• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rezound camera not working after ICS update

v2can5

May 11, 2010
I am posting this solution just in case someone else has the same issue after updating their HTC Rezound to Ice Cream Sandwich.

Yesterday I updated my Rezound android phone to the ICS 4.0.3 software. After the update my camera did not work. I could open the camera app, take one picture and then...nothing. I had to press the "home" button to get out of the camera app. I then needed to go to "apps" to "force stop" the camera. My gallery didn't work either. I could see the thumbnails but I could not enlarge or delete anything. All of the new "pictures" I took showed up as a triangle with an "!" in the middle. My downloaded camera apps from Google Play also didn't work. I called VZW this morning and talked to a couple customer support people. One of them was able to remedy the issue. You need to go into "settings"-"apps"-"all apps"-"camera"-"force stop"-then "clear data". Now my camera works even better than it did before the update. I'm so glad I didn't have to do a hard reset!

I hope this tip saves someone else the time and headache it caused me.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones