• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringer volume misbehaving

Noodle999

Nov 1, 2009
Evening all,

A bizarre problem has developed on my Magic (Vodafone, 1.6) whereby the Ringer volume keeps setting itself to the lowest setting.

Five times today I've missed a call, and upon pressing volume up, noticed the Ringer Volume was on zero. I set it back to about 50% and locked the phone again. After it had happened about 3 times, I took to repeatedly checking the phone, and it seemed that the volume was remaining where set, until I missed a call again... and this is where it gets weird:

Every time a call comes in, the ringer volume sets to zero, and I miss the call!

How bizarre is that? I have checked the volume repeatedly to find it was ok, then I miss another call and I find the volume on zero again. I have switched the phone off and on several times without the problem going away. I don't have any apps or widgets installed that alter the ringer volume, the only thing I have which is along these lines is "Smart Vibrator". Oh and it doesn't matter how I set the volume, with the buttons on the side of the phone or through the Settings, the problem still occurs.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on? Because this is driving me insane and the phone has nearly gone across the room on several occasions! :mad:

Chris

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones