• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I recently read about roaming being free on Tmobile. My phone is set to allow data roaming already. Is there a way to roam on other networks for calls also? I frequently visit areas with no Tmobile coverage. Thanks!

I'm not certain about this, but I think the phone will automatically try and pick up At&t signal if you roam into a non t-mobile area.

Also a note about data roaming, make sure if you ever reach the US borders or cross the boarders, or leave the country, turn data roaming off. Or you can expext a pretty hefty scary bill.

Upvote 0
Thanks for letting me know that! I never go near any borders, but maybe one day... :) I just travel in the mountains and there is only Sprint coverage in those areas (and some AT&T). My old phone did not get coverage but maybe my new one will automatically get on with another signal. That would be great!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones