• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM 2.1] Bugless Beast v0.8 (ESE53 Base)

Seriously a wipe from ERE25 to this next one???

I love Pete's work and I have been on all of his since 0.7, but it's rediculous that I now need to wipe AGAIN!
Grrr, so is the life. Hopefully this "more official" base will not change to a more official one.

edit---Do I need to wipe from .4 ere to this newest or no? I am reading different things on alldroid

Upvote 0
You don't need to wipe from an ERE25 ROM. I used Pete's update.zip and went from Simply Stunning (the ERE25 based version) with no problems. Slapped a new kernel on it and everything is working fine.

Can't believe how well it's running with LWP on. Even ERE25 was laggy as hell with live wallpapers, but ESE53 seems to be very well optimized for them. Barely any noticeable difference between a static wallpaper.

Reactions: inssane
Upvote 0
The latest version (v13, I think) has landscape fixed. It's quite nice.

It will run on the Droid, regardless of which ROM you're using.

I'm using 13 now its great.10,11,12 wasn't working on the ERE build I heard it was working on ESE53 I didn't know if it was be use of the ROM or an update.

Using 1.1 kernel @ 800 no hiccups. I don't need it at 1.2 I'll save my CPU the trouble.= )
Haven't tried my tendering yet. But I have no doubt it works. Chevy and Pete are pro.

Upvote 0
I have a question about Titanium backup.

After doing a nandroid update to version 0.5 is it cool to do a batch "restore all apps with data" or is it better to restore stuff one by one?

Make sure you use the " Restore missing apps with data." This way you will not overwrite any tweaked apps that were install with the ROM you just flashed. This will also leave your new system settings alone.

Reactions: slick_old
Upvote 0
Make sure you use the " Restore missing apps with data." This way you will not overwrite any tweaked apps that were install with the ROM you just flashed. This will also leave your new system settings alone.

OMG! After playing with titanium backup for a while, I'm realizing just how good this advice is. I wish I had done this from the beginning but I think I got all my apps back with no problems.

Thanks fellas.

Upvote 0
New version (v0.7) is up, only minute changes:
Pete said:
Version 0.7 (Why? Because These Little Things Bothered Me...)
-Changed the background of the "Neural Network" Live Wallpaper
-Flipped the background of the "Water" Live Wallpaper so that the trees are no longer upside down
-Removed the Weather Channel logo from the News & Weather App

Get it here:

[ROM] Bugless Beast V0.7 (ESE53 Beta)

I'll be flashing since I fudged up a little with JIT and it'll be really easy to fix with an update.zip

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones