• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-26-12]Broken Out Spectrum 3.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

I'm curious if anyone else that is having problems with reboots is also finding the the top information bar is missing when it reboots. The pull down box is there but the power icon, 4g/3g icon, wifi icon, signal strength, time are all gone. It also only reboots to the experia boot logo, when I reboot to the LG screen I will get the information bar back. Anyway, just curious if that was happening to anyone else. Thanks!

Upvote 0
Yes, that's what happens when it 'soft' reboots... It's the 'status bar' app and it doesn't automatically reload with the rom. I find sometimes it reloads after a bit, but others, it does not.

From what I can tell, apps throwing errors (and forcing the reboot) will prevent it from reloading, but reboot from system clog/crash or overheating will reload it.

If that happens, just reboot again and it'll load. Annoying, for sure. Fwiw, I don't have that problem on the BP rom.

Upvote 0
I don't get it either. My phone never reboots, but my girlfriends phone is having the soft reboot. I have wiped and reloaded, it was working good for about a week and started rebooting.
It's pretty frustrating that my phone works great and her's has all types of problems. We have just a few apps that are different, so it could be that.

Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0
Yes, that's what happens when it 'soft' reboots... It's the 'status bar' app and it doesn't automatically reload with the rom. I find sometimes it reloads after a bit, but others, it does not.

From what I can tell, apps throwing errors (and forcing the reboot) will prevent it from reloading, but reboot from system clog/crash or overheating will reload it.

If that happens, just reboot again and it'll load. Annoying, for sure. Fwiw, I don't have that problem on the BP rom.

Mine does the exact same thing but when it does its the carhome app that triggers it from what i have seen. But carhome is not supported for the spectrum but its installed anyway.I have to ask tho the people with the phones that reboot alot who has the extended battery,i talked to a vzw rep said most who was having the reboot issue had extended batterys

Upvote 0
Mine does the exact same thing but when it does its the carhome app that triggers it from what i have seen. But carhome is not supported for the spectrum but its installed anyway.I have to ask tho the people with the phones that reboot alot who has the extended battery,i talked to a vzw rep said most who was having the reboot issue had extended batterys

No extended battery here. I did get the phone from best buy though. That might be my problem.

Upvote 0
freezing the 'carhome' apk definitely curtailed some of the reboots... it seems to self-start and not into 'active' memory too, not just in the cache, which could explain why the phone reboots. Basically, the app loads and the phone says "woah, wtf is this shit? SHUT DOWN!" and it reboots. Well, my logcats aren't as colorful as that, but you get the idea. ;)

Upvote 0
I remember that. With other phones though, usually after the first leak something more stable follows shortly behind, if not an official release. In our case, we're back in limbo.

I remember when the HTC Incredible 2 was getting GB.
The source would "leak" a build and the devs would hack it, then the source would patch the build, then the devs would re hack it and the source would re patch.

The Spectrum is not as popular as the DInc 2 at this point, even though we have a dedicated group of devs here, the problem is with LG and the little dictatorship that they call a forum.

The Fathom was a learning curve that I have come to accept.
The BOGO deal I got with the Spectrum was too good to pass up.
We just might see ICS before everybody else is getting JB.

I still think that VomitRizen is just so blinded with greed that they want to suppress the update so they can sell more equipment.

Bastards!

Maybe some day we could run puppy linux on our Spectrum...:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Check my mirror in the archives, the link is around here somewhere, at least 8 or 9 times... but I think I can do it from memory...

Http://Www.joelperryproductions.com/spectrum/Roms/broken-out/archive

If that doesn't work, backup to the spectrum party and navigate back through, the only part that might be wrong is the hyphen...

If it is not there post back a reply here, I have 1.1 & 1.3 on my computer and I can upload them again.

Reactions: ssj4gogeta2003
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones