• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][5-26-12]Broken Out Spectrum 3.0 w/ Blitzkrieg Kernel

We could be overlooking the obvious here too; maybe you happened to get a bad battery with your phone. You don't happen to have any spares you could try, do you? Honestly based on everything you've described, you should be getting decent battery life, unless there's some app you have that just kills it for some reason, or if you're streaming lots of videos on your browser. A new battery might do the trick.

If it would be an app that drains his battery you would see it under battery use. Previous pictures he posted don't confirm this. The only app I saw that draws considerable power is Facebook. Maybe uninstall Facebook and see what it does for your battery life.

Upvote 0
Yea and no. Drain is higher from an app on LTE than wifi, but the system doesn't note that... You just see a sharper drop in the battery. Battery stays can offer insight into what's using the most juice as a percentage of a whole, but tu need to run more involved apps that study data rates to see what's really making it perform worse than another.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Ok I'm screwed. I'm rooted and have broken out version 3.0 on my phone. I'm a noob at this. Every hour LG is pushing an update to my phone but when it downloads it's screwing up my phone and I have to reinstall this ROM. How do I go back to completely stock so I can do the update?

There's a guide for this in the all things root section.

Upvote 0
Not 3 that are viable for daily use, which is, I'm sure, what he's asking.

+1. The only ICS rom that is worth being a daily driver is the leak and the OTA is better anyway. It sounds like Neph, d2a, and PG are almost done with the bootloader unlock scripts and once we have CWM then customized stock-based roms will be quick to follow. CM9/AOKP may take a little longer because of the issues with the radio though.

Upvote 0
i loved this rom and have been looking for a new one like this (debloated and themed and overclocked and all that) since i got ics and rooted it.

does one like this exist yet?

thanks.

There are some debloated and tweaked roms out already. We don't have a kernel that supports overclocking on ics yet though and I have no idea if a themed rom is in the works anywhere. My favorite rom so far is icy fusion if you want to give that one a shot.

Reactions: spblaze
Upvote 0
I spent so long googling all kinds of stuff and hadn't come across this yet! After noobing my way through a half dozen or so factory resets (i administratively deleted a .com.lg.home file so factory resets won't give me a home screen, so i eventually just sent nova launcher to the phone through market), I re-ran the original ICS root script (the pwnage tool) in order to get cwm recovery back, then used madmanager to boot the icyfusion.zip file, and now my phone is finally where i've wanted it to be since i bought it, the week after it came out!!

YOU ARE THE MAN, THANKS BRO!!!

Upvote 0
Hi, I installed this ROM with the CWM Recovery, but when I turn the phone on, I tell it my language is English, and it then pops up with a screen saying a SIM card is needed to use the phone, and to shut it down and insert one. My SIM card is in the phone, and it won't leave this screen. Could someone please offer a solution? Thank you very much!
What were you on before installing this ROM? ICS (V7) or GB (V4/V6). I'll need some background info to help you out. I do NOT recommend flashing the .cab as you'll loose CWM recovery and that is your best tool to have right now.

Upvote 0
I can't really find the link to it, and I'm looking into it now, but I originally rooted the phone with an All-in-one tool that rooted it originally. As far as I know, it was the original software. I apologize if I am terribly illiterate at this, I'm fairly new to it. I tried to install a software update the phone was given. It put the phone in that install mode, but then it showed me a symbol with the android logo and a caution sign. Stupid me, when I saw that, I pulled the battery on the phone because I couldn't think of anything else to do. It entered the boot recovery mode after that, and I couldn't get it out until I found this ROM./ I then flashed it, and now, here we are. Thanks; Let me know if you need more info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones