• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] Angry Bean / CM 10.1 [build 08.08.13]

Wow, so many updates since my Evo V died. Getting a new screen soon though. Then gonna replace it. Learned a lesson: Slamming in the car door kills the phone. SO. Don't do that ;)

Looking great though, g60 and Chairshot. Once I fix the screen, I'll be flashing this and Dirty Unicorns. (I miss flashing ROM's)

Edit:

Should have checked the mail earlier...here it is! Now to replace the screen.

Upvote 0
Wow, so many updates since my Evo V died. Getting a new screen soon though. Then gonna replace it. Learned a lesson: Slamming in the car door kills the phone. SO. Don't do that ;)

Looking great though, g60 and Chairshot. Once I fix the screen, I'll be flashing this and Dirty Unicorns. (I miss flashing ROM's)

Edit:

Should have checked the mail earlier...here it is! Now to replace the screen.

Are you going to keep your Victory?

Upvote 0
G60, the 4/4 build ran very smooth. Once thing I noticed. I was able to receive photos via text, but someone send me a video text and that didn't work. This may have already been discussed. I get a lot of video texts, so for now I had to go back to wild for the night, but I look forward to switching to this once some of these issued have been worked out. It is the fastest and smoothest JB ROM I've used yet for this phone. You're doing a great job! :)

Upvote 0
Yes, I meant the tethering functionality built into the ROM, as opposed to the extra, third party tethering app required on Harmonia and other non CM 10 ROMs I'd tried. I've added mine to the standard notification area power widget.

Do you pay the extra 15 dollars a month for hotspot? If so, Thats why it works without a problem. :p

Upvote 0
Umm really? What did you do? Please share :D

Thought I would also reply here as well G60 so that others could join in on the conversation

As I recall I did nothing to get the notifications working...I originally restored the VVM app from a titanium backup (app+data from an ICS ROM) on the 3/31 build of your ROM. As expected, voicemail notifiations did not work and the VVM app showed none of my saved messages. When I upgraded to the 4/3 build I didn't wipe /data so the app was still installed. Last night I missed a call and noticed later that I had notification for a new voicemail, so I opened up the app and there were all my messages.

When I originally restored the app on the 3/31 build, I went through the settings and recalled finding some sort of option for verifying your voicemail with sprint or something like that. Since that has been awhile I don't recall exactly what the option was and looking through the settings now, I don't see anything that rings a bell. Sorry :/ Since I did the verification, however, I've been getting text messages each time I get a new voicemail. They look something like this

//ANDROID:Joe has sent you a Sprint Voice Message. Call 408-970-0000 to listen. MMSN, <random sequence of characters>//CM

But still, last night was the first time since I installed the 4/3 build that I have missed any calls which led to a voicemail being left. I've tested it a few times as well to make sure it works and so far it still does.

I am tempted to uninstall the app and restore from the backup to find that option again, but I am also afraid of losing the only known working voicemail configuration in the forum haha :D

Upvote 0
made this my daily, smoothest jelly bean 4.2.2 out there. Only problem is camera with apps, for example when using snapchat the controls on the screen dissapear but you can still use them. Its weird, but great rom otherwise

This happens to me also, as well as in youtube and other video players. This really is the only issue that I am having, otherwise it is a great ROM.

Upvote 0
hello, so I use my phone for gps and map, whenever I have it hooked up to my aux I'm playing music and gps at same time, and I get phone call answer it fine, right after I hang up my music start to sound distorted so I have to close "apollo" and reopen it get back to normal again. is this relate to rom or app it self?? other than that rom runs beautifully and nice job to the creator...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones