• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX V1.0 for Droid X - An AOSP Experience (10/20/10)

My .02 on this ROM...

I ran CM6 on my EVO and it's considered the holy grail in EVO land....

This ROM is just as good if not better in my opinion... I am NOT trying to take anything away from CM6 because it ROCKS, but this ROM ROCKS right along with it...

Awesome work Fab! I am a now a Fab ROM fan.... (is that stalking? LOL)

Seriously, great work!!!!

Upvote 0
I will add my .02 as well on this. Yesterday after loading the overclocking zip that was out there to get it to 1.38, my phone was flying on RC2. I debated flashing V1 because it was going so well. Well I went ahead and did and loaded the overclocking settings I was using yesterday on my SD card and are using those and believe it or not, it is even faster!!!!

Great work on this thing. Is there anyway to thank-you for all your hard work and making a great phone just amazing?

Upvote 0
The overclock is not harmful at all since it doesn't raise voltage.Also, I do have some memory management settings applied, so if they're good for you, you don't need auto killer. If you don't like em, you can overwrite them with auto killer.

Thanks for the reply Fab. I guess I should have asked this question before I installed Autokiller as Im not sure what settings you have setup in your ROM.

If I just uninstall Autokiller, will it go back to your default settings?

Autokiller is never necessary and in fact does not even work on Froyo on any phone

Really? Its pretty highly recommended in the what apps should you use when you have root thread. I've noticed improved speed and better battery life as well. But now that I have this ROM, maybe I don't need it any longer. :cool:

Also, I know you said in your first post that ad blocking is included (so awesome!) So does that mean that I no longer need this app?

AdFree Android - Android app on AppBrain

Upvote 0
Autokiller works on froyo, and after froyo disabled my task killer I had to use Autokiller just so my phone didn't lag so bad I could hardly use it. Since I installed this rom I no longer need Autokiller, it's fast and smooth

So auto killer is the only app that can kill running apps on froyo? An app being able to kill another app was a feature that was removed in froyo that I really miss. Tasker was even more useful when I could use it to kill apps.

Upvote 0
So auto killer is the only app that can kill running apps on froyo? An app being able to kill another app was a feature that was removed in froyo that I really miss. Tasker was even more useful when I could use it to kill apps.
Well I had problems with 2.1 that a task killer helped.The problems were worse once I upgraded to 2.2 until I found Autokiller. It's not a task killer, it simply allows you to adjust the parameters of the stock memory manager.

Does Autokiller help at all with this Rom? I didn't need it so I didn't install it but will if it will help.

Upvote 0
My phone only goes about 5 minutes before it reboots. When I go look at the uptime, it doesn't restart during these reboots. It used to do the same thing about once a day on any version of froyo, but every few minutes is ridiculous. Any suggestions?

I'm pretty sure I just got the runt of the litter. :(

You may want to try turning off the overclocking. Most phones should be able to handle the default overclocking with no problem (and more actually) but by reading the overclocking every phone seems to respond to in differently. I would try and turn it off and see if you still have the problem so you could rule that out.

Upvote 0
Firstly, let me say how thrilled I am to be able to be overclocked automatically. I really like this Rom. It's sleek and fast. I got fast quadrants. Wonderful.

I did have some trouble and would like some input, please, regarding freezing up.

To give backgroud:

I installed via Rom Mgr (full version). There were no troubles installed. That went fine.

I selected auto sync. Was that wrong for me to do? It d/l my programs (I have about 125 programs, some of which are dolphin browser add-ons.

This process seemed to go very quickly, as I have a good internet connection and the phone is overclocked by 10 percent.

The problem I had was that the phone froze on me on four different occasions within the span of 15 or 20 minutes. It was also a bit laggy, at times, when I was running through the app drawer quickly.

I am wondering if there is an issue with having apps restored, or if it is the fact that some of the apps are bad for the rom. Finally, I don't have to do a sync, I can just restore from TiBu Pro.

Any thoughts? I'd really like to use this, but I can't if it freezes on me often. Thank you!

Thank you, Fab, for a Fab rom. You are a genius! I will use it as my first choice, if I can get it running well!

Steven

Upvote 0
Steven, sounds like your phone is not agreeing with my overclock profile. You may want to disable it with:

su
overclock -off

in terminal emulator.

If you have your own setscaling.sh that you know is stable, you can load it up on your sdcard and then apply it with:

su
overclock -sd

and if you want to make it auto apply those overclock settings at boot, you can additionally add:

overclock -on

Seems like the there are a few phones that cannot run 1.1 stable @ 56vsel. Maybe I'll just have auto-oc turned off by default for the next release?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones