• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] ApeX V1.0 for Droid X - An AOSP Experience (10/20/10)

I'm having reboots like crazy. I mean really really bad. The phone locks up then reboots. I turned overclocking off and it still happens. I did a clean install. I'd say I had 15 of those in a 2 hour period last night. I had to stop using my phone. The only apps I have installed are ti backup and bootstrapper. Mainly because the phone reboots before I can restore them. Any help?

Upvote 0
I'm having reboots like crazy. I mean really really bad. The phone locks up then reboots. I turned overclocking off and it still happens. I did a clean install. I'd say I had 15 of those in a 2 hour period last night. I had to stop using my phone. The only apps I have installed are ti backup and bootstrapper. Mainly because the phone reboots before I can restore them. Any help?
try reflashing the 2.2 sbf it may help if you were running the leak

Upvote 0
Has anyone had issues adding a corporate sync account with this ROM? I have the ROM and the theme installed over top of it. The phone always tells me "Could not connect to the server." The server is up, and I can add it to a Droid 1 as well as log into the OWA via my laptop.

Anyone have ideas on this? I need to get this up and running ASAP. I can use the normal exchange to get my work email, but it wont pull in calendar and contacts like the corporate sync will. Is there something that was removed for the ROM that I need to reinstall?

Upvote 0
I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do, but after I installed ApeX I bootstrapped and went into recovery, went to my back up of my MOTO 2.2 and restored data. All apps, settings, everything - back. I'm not sure if it will cause problems down the road and whatnot, but I'm very happy with how it all turned out.

I got Backup Assistant and Contact Quick Tasks back from blur. I'm really enjoying music mod. We'll have to see how the battery life is, though, before I make a decision as to whether I keep it or not. On a side note, how much does the overclock affect the battery?

Also, in the messaging app, is there a way to set a picture for me? When I click me and go to my namecard it has all my facebook info downloaded, including picture and phone number, but in the messaging app I still have no picture. Am I missing something?

Great work, Fab. After I figured out what was going wrong during install it went off without a hitch.

Donate link?

Upvote 0
Anyone have ideas on this? I need to get this up and running ASAP. I can use the normal exchange to get my work email, but it wont pull in calendar and contacts like the corporate sync will. Is there something that was removed for the ROM that I need to reinstall?

Using the method described in post #2 of this thread, I copied these apps from removedapps.zip and then installed each one. I rebooted and was able to sync e-mail, contacts and calendar with my work's Exchange server.

android-syncservice-app.apk
BlurCalendar.apk
BlurEmail.apk
BlurEmailEngine.apk
BuaContactAdapter.apk
Messaging.apk
MtlrNotifier.apk
PolicyMgrProvider.apk
PolicyMgrService.apk
SyncML.apk
UniversalInbox.apk
WorkContacts.apk

I'm note sure if all of these apps are needed, but since everything works I'm not messing with it. Hope this helps

Upvote 0
Here ya go. This will replace and fix the camera that comes with this mod to enable panoramic assist. Install using Fab's install script that comes with Apex, then reboot.

BlurCamera.apk

but does panoramic actually work? it crashes on most roms because there is not enough blur elements in the system. try actually taking a pan shot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones