• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][BETA][WIP] CyanogenMod 10(.1 coming soon) for the ZTE Warp Sequent N861

not a clue, last i saw we were working backwards, first wifi broke... then we got it to stop booting lol. we will get things worked out tho, i figured out a few tiny things that make no real difference yet like how to make it say 3g instead of 1x, but no real progress as of late, we were stuck for a while on not being able to boot tho too and look how quick we got shit together when we finally did

Upvote 0
not a clue, last i saw we were working backwards, first wifi broke... then we got it to stop booting lol. we will get things worked out tho, i figured out a few tiny things that make no real difference yet like how to make it say 3g instead of 1x, but no real progress as of late, we were stuck for a while on not being able to boot tho too and look how quick we got shit together when we finally did

Junkie I could have done that in 5 minuters lol.

Upvote 0

That's progress enough which one is it on goo manager the newest one?

Upvote 0

Wat about the camera and pic messaging? Howcome u cnt get Those to work? Cm9 was like dat for the prevail thats sucked

Upvote 0
mms is due to the apns not being set, you can set them manually and it works. mm.myboostmobile.com or some shit like that, no username or password, dont remember the mnc and mcc values off the top of my head, one of them was 310 i think, the other maybe 120 i dunno google it. and camera we still havent fixed the drivers and shit for it, thatll take some doin but we arent really working on anything but getting it to boot again right now. if you can tell me how to get it to turn on again id be more than happy to put in some work on the camera lol

Upvote 0
and for reference, the newest one on goo that actually WORKS is the one posted on this thread, if you wanna download the newest build be my guest, but it doesnt even turn on. so, as ive said, when i have an update, ill update you, otherwise, there is no update, so asking is not gonna do any good

Upvote 0
ok, so i fixed the wifi key storage issue, got us a 3g icon, and ive found out how to make things bootable from a build again, we dont have a build out yet, but hopefully we can get another thing or two fixed and we should be getting a new release out shortly. these fixes just honestly arent enough to constitute a new release, no offense intended but its not meant for daily use yet so untill we fix something notable youre just gonna have to deal with seeing the wrong data icon, and keep putting your wifi password back in. ill let you all know if there is anything else and if we are gonna make a new public release

Reactions: Guspeed
Upvote 0
and for reference, the newest one on goo that actually WORKS is the one posted on this thread, if you wanna download the newest build be my guest, but it doesnt even turn on. so, as ive said, when i have an update, ill update you, otherwise, there is no update, so asking is not gonna do any good
Thanks didn't mean to upset anyone just wanted to know about the 3g signal

Upvote 0
Wat about the camera and pic messaging? Howcome u cnt get Those to work? Cm9 was like dat for the prevail thats sucked
priorities!!!! ;)

mss and camera will prolly be the last things worked on. If the camera works w/o alot of bs involved will surprise me, I think it will be a miracle if it ever works really, but hey I have seen many things surprise ya and just end up working with a simple change. ;)

Upvote 0
When I grow up, I wanna be like you fine sir! (PlayfulGod) LOL Dude, you are freakin everywhere! How many different devices have you worked on??? Damn.

On another note, I would love to learn how to develop roms & the alike ;) What do you use? How'd you get started? Do you have to kno a lot about Linux? Can I use Windows? Do you use command prompt? Lmao!

I'm pretty tech savvy & LOVE ANDROID!!!!!!! If I had a nickle for every time I out debated an iCrap user I'd at least have a few bucks ;)

Upvote 0
When I grow up, I wanna be like you fine sir! (PlayfulGod) LOL Dude, you are freakin everywhere! How many different devices have you worked on??? Damn.

On another note, I would love to learn how to develop roms & the alike ;) What do you use? How'd you get started? Do you have to kno a lot about Linux? Can I use Windows? Do you use command prompt? Lmao!

I'm pretty tech savvy & LOVE ANDROID!!!!!!! If I had a nickle for every time I out debated an iCrap user I'd at least have a few bucks ;)
I use Mint 14 (a ubuntu variant), I wont even start on what I think about dev'ing in windows... if windows is a must have, dualboot. ;)

I build custom pc's and do pc repair for a living, as well as tinker with anything set in front of me. So I had some linux knowledge when I started building issacj87's CM7-Ascend myself, and then taking the project over when he moved on to newer things. Since then its been a learn as a go thing. ;)

Upvote 0
most likely no bluetooth at all. sorry, havent gotten to that yet. wifi tether should work tho, and im not sure if wifi will function normally to connect to things, depends on what configuration they are using, i know i had a failed test of wifi direct that messed with it. when i finally get it tho ill update the op accordingly and make a post here to let you all know its out

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0
newest build up, wifi tethering works, as well as usb tethering. wifi doesnt work normally, bluetooth still broken, for now this is what you guys get, sorry i cant build and my internet is too slow to upload a copy with fixed wifi. i will update again today if possible with a fix for that

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones