1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root [ROM][CDMA][11/02/2011] Pre-Rooted Stock 2.2 ROM for USCC Users RC2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by EddyOS, Feb 13, 2011.

1. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

This is based on the new USCC RUU, 2.11.573.5. This is just a stock ROM which has been rooted and has the following:

- Deodexed (to allow theming)
    - A2SD (512MB minimum EXT3 partition needed to work)
    - Busybox
    - Init.D support (for power saving mods)
    - Apps ZIP alligned (Better RAM usage)
    - 3 in 1 Reboot Power menu added (might not work so will need to let me know)

I've moved the normal Market apps to the /data partition and are updated to latest Market versions. These are:

- Facebook
    - Adobe Reader
    - MySpace
    - Google Maps
    - Gmail
    - Adobe Flash 10.1
    - Google Stret View
    - YouTube

Other than that it's just a stock ROM. All the USCC apps are on there and are also moved to the /data/app partition

I won't be keeping this up-to-date (much) so bare this in mind. I live in the UK and use a GSM phone so I'm just making this to help out CDMA users which actually want Sense!

USCC RC2 (inc Radio)

CDMA RC2 (no Radio)

If you're coming from a different ROM (or from stock) you'll need to do a FULL wipe before flashing (don't do it after as you'll remove all the Market apps). If coming from another custom ROM then do a nandroid before flashing this as it might not work properly due to not testing as I don't use a CDMA handset

Remember, this is a test build and will hopefully get a bit better with your feedback

Screenshots (thanks to goz5000):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. EddyOS

EddyOS Android Expert

I'll keep this for anything else I need to say/do

Tags: