• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM]CleanROM 1.2.5|O/C|Clean!|Stable!|Aroma! OPTIONS!|

VeNoMzRevenge

May 31, 2012
Brooklyn, NY
I DID NOT CREATE THIS ROM. ALL CREDIT TO scrosler FOR HIS HARD WORK. I AM SIMPLY SHARING WITH PERMISSION.
**HE NOR I ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANYTHING THAT HAPPENS TO YOUR DEVICE BECAUSE OF FLASHING, DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK**

CleanROM-1.2-N7.png

about.png

• CleanROM is an all inclusive ROM designed with you in mind!
  • CleanROM is based on the latest Google Sotck JRO03D Base which is Android 4.1.1 and is De-Odexed!
  • CleanROM uses the motley Kernel and can be OC'ed!
  • This ROM is targeted to the towards the user that wants a stock ROM expereince with out all the excessive Google bloat!

features.png

• Aroma Installer
  • Custom O/C kernel with GPU OC by _Motley! - Stock kernel is HERE if desired!
  • Optional Tablet Mode Mod by barrmulio (Experimental!)
  • Nova Launcher or Stock Launcher!
  • Standard Battery or Battery with Percent
  • Advanced Reboot Menu!
  • Tweaks for battery and performance!
  • init.d Support!
  • Zip Align on boot!
  • De-odexed!
  • Stable!

changes.png

9/5/2012 - Version 1.2.5
  • Fixed: Force Close on Google Search
  • Fixed: Duplicate "Gmail" entries during set up causing incorrect Google apps to install.

9/4/2012 - Version 1.2
  • Updated: Motley Kernel 1.1.1 build 218 with GPU OC to 520!
  • Updated: All Apps!
  • Added: Tablet Mode mod by barrmulio as install option! (Experimental!)
  • Added: All Stock Google Apps as install options!
  • Changed: Can skip WiFi Set up!

installation.png

• Must be unlocked with custom recovery installed. I recommend the latest version of twrp.
  • Copy ROM to storage
  • Reboot to Recovery
  • Recommend wiping data / Factory Reset in Recovery!
  • Flash ROM and choose options
  • Reboot to System
  • Profit!

thanks.png

Aamikam, paulobrien from Modaco for portions of the Reboot menu, barrmulio for tablet mode mod, and _motley for his AWESOME kernel!

If you like this ROM please consider making a donation to encourage future development
smile.gif

MESSAGE FROM THE MAKER OF THE ROM:
Good news and bad news....

Good news first!

Asus fixed the lag in the TF300T and updated it to Jelleybean 4.1.1! The thing is smokin fast and they put out a red 16GB version for $349.00!

Bad news... I liked the TF300T better than the N7 but could not tolerate the lag. So I bought the TF300T last night and sold the N7 this AM.

Sorry guys
frown.gif

Development for this ROM has officially ended.

Anyone who wants to take the most recent base and make any mods to it or update it can certainly take over the project. I just ask that you give notice that its a fork of the CleanROM project.

Thanks for all your support and it was a pleasure working with you all!

See you on the next cool android device!

scrosler

Upvote 0
Does the keyboard automatically punctuate everything with exclamation points?!

This ROM seems very exciting!

It does make me feel like it's shouting at me though!

Like a used car salesman! For today only! If you download this RIGHT NOW! We'll throw in an advanced reboot menu! And battery tweaks! But only if you act immediately!

Upvote 0
Forgive me, but where's the download link? I'm on my n7 and it doesn't seem to have links

The big downlad word in the OP is the link to download, it will link you to his site and you navigate from there.

Usually its the downloads tab on his site. Enjoy!

Here it is without the big download button- http://www.scottsroms.com/downloads.php

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones