• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] CyanogenMod 7 for the LG Optimus M MS690

Everything in that build should be MS690, unless I got em mixed some how. But the build.prop determines all what the market sees the phones as, tho they are the same phone hardware wise. Look for the following in the build.prop:

ro.com.google.clientidbase=
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=

and edit to read:

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-metropcs-us
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=MetroPCS
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311660

I'll make sure its correct in next build, sorry for the mix up.

Thanks PG!

I went back through the build.prop and found those lines and here's what I found:

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-metropcs-us was in two places the first one was wrong and read ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-google but the second one was right. So I edited the first to match.

ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=MetroPCS was correct

ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311660 was different and read ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=310027I edited that line as well.

I also went through and found the following two lines:
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha = MetroPCS
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric = 310027

and removed the spaces, not sure if that makes a difference.

I uploaded the new build.prop to the phone, rebooted it and it seemed to fix the problem. Thanks for the quick response and all your hard work!

Upvote 0
Everything in that build should be MS690, unless I got em mixed some how. But the build.prop determines all what the market sees the phones as, tho they are the same phone hardware wise. Look for the following in the build.prop:

ro.com.google.clientidbase=
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=

and edit to read:

ro.com.google.clientidbase=android-metropcs-us
ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha=MetroPCS
ro.cdma.home.operator.numeric=311660

I'll make sure its correct in next build, sorry for the mix up.

I tried adding the Swype.apk from the stock rom and from another source and all it would do is FC. You might try the swype beta out.

This worked for me thanks, this line "ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha" read Cricket, so I changed it to MetroPCS. I changed the other lines to what you said. I also replaced all the LW to MS, so that in About it says LG-MS690 now. Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0
This worked for me thanks, this line "ro.cdma.home.operator.alpha" read Cricket, so I changed it to MetroPCS. I changed the other lines to what you said. I also replaced all the LW to MS, so that in About it says LG-MS690 now. Thanks for the help.

I had the same problem w market yesterday, saying my phone not compatible, but within my market account settings edited my phone and added LG Optimus MS690. That made my compatibility fine and allowed me to download. But @ my phone settings, model #, it does show LG-LW690. To change, how do I access build prop, thru adb?? TIA:)

Upvote 0
PG, you had mentioned that your version of CWM for the Optimus M was going to be included in ROM Manager. Is there an update on this?

It is included in his latest, that was the only way that I could get CMW on my phone, by flashing PG's latest CM7. If you look in the installed apps, you should see the version of Rom Manager that we can use to install PG's version of CMW following his instructions

Upvote 0
I had the same problem w market yesterday, saying my phone not compatible, but within my market account settings edited my phone and added LG Optimus MS690. That made my compatibility fine and allowed me to download. But @ my phone settings, model #, it does show LG-LW690. To change, how do I access build prop, thru adb?? TIA:)

To change that, use a file manager, I use ES File Explorer (its free), then browse to /system/, copy build.prop to your SD Card, then mount your SD Card so that from Windows you can edit Build.prop. I used Notepad to edit Build.prop. I then replaced all the LW's to MS, and saved the file. I then copied this file back into /System. When I copied it, I first renamed the original build.prop to build.prop.old. Remember that to do this you need to mount the system as R/W. I did this using ES File Explorer, by going to Settings>Root Settings>checked on Root Explorer and Mount File System.

Upvote 0
It is included in his latest, that was the only way that I could get CMW on my phone, by flashing PG's latest CM7. If you look in the installed apps, you should see the version of Rom Manager that we can use to install PG's version of CMW following his instructions
ehhh I dont know about that one lol, maybe true but I dont know that for sure.

CWM wont be available in RM until koush builds the official recovery and merges it with RM. It is in que to be done tho. ;)

Upvote 0
Loved this. Had an issue with incoming calls though. Was getting a black screen and couldn't answer. Wiped. Reflashed. Same issue. Also had mms. issues on reflash. Flashed mms patch in op took forever to send. So I wiped and flashed back to reppards rom. Thought I'd let you know some of my issues

Upvote 0
Loved this. Had an issue with incoming calls though. Was getting a black screen and couldn't answer. Wiped. Reflashed. Same issue. Also had mms. issues on reflash. Flashed mms patch in op took forever to send. So I wiped and flashed back to reppards rom. Thought I'd let you know some of my issues

Which version? The one I'm talking about is his newest build 9-11-11 I think these issues are fixed in the newest , just wait for him to post it. Then lemme know the issues.

Upvote 0
I have no data after playing with the plague kernel. I'm back on reppards kernel and still no data. I had data before I flashed the plague.... I don't even know where to start, all my programming is good, just wont initialize data. I guess i ****ing wipe everything and flash a different rom.

I had this problem to. Flashing the rom again did the trick.

Upvote 0
Well alright, didnt think Id ever move from joinedys sense rom but I gotta say this one is sweet, I got a2sd working by flashing the script myself (for some reason it just wasnt working). Only knock is I guess Im one of the un lucky ones whom mms doesnt work for. I dont pic text that much anyway

KUDOS
u have 3-5 bars of signal? tried the mms fix?

And thanx ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones