• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM] GB Miui For DX!! (1.9.16.1)

I REALLY like the theme of this rom, but it does need some work. I have some screens with white text on a light gray background that are unusable. I suspect that's from not having a consistent white text on black background since some screens are dark and some light.

I don't understand why a CM DX dev can't add a battery profile to it.

BTW, Camera Advance Lite seems ok, but still no working panoramic camera app.

Upvote 0
trooper nothing is good enough for you :p

your not going to get stellar battery life out of these things, it should at least last you half the day, mine goes on all day, until 9pm and then its at 20% and here lately i have been using alot more data than usual

Nah its not that its pleasing, its that my phone just does not work right with this rom.

Im trying apex again, guess we'll see.

Upvote 0
Went to VZ to have them charge my battery so I could SBF after I got stuck in boot loop and they said they had to charge it in my phone, which wouldn't work since it was in a boot loop. Ended up buying an extended battery which had a charge on it so I could SBF. Not sure why I have this issue with MIUI sometimes where it will go into boot loop an hour or so after I flash the rom.

Upvote 0
OK I have problem after installing this Rom. Was on rooted stock .602, before installing this rom I wippe data/cache then installed. After it booted up I got error "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

TIA

Would like to gice this rom a fair shot, but at this moment is a no go due to this issue. :(

Upvote 0
OK I have problem after installing this Rom. Was on rooted stock .602, before installing this rom I wippe data/cache then installed. After it booted up I got error "The application Setup Wizard (process com.android.setupwizard) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again"

TIA

Would like to gice this rom a fair shot, but at this moment is a no go due to this issue. :(

in all honesty i say reboot the phone and try again, or try reinstalling miui again

Upvote 0
I dont know what was wrong. Tried installing the darn thing three times after SBFing every time of failing. It finally worked the third time, but not with putting some thought to it. I had to install GApps, then the rom decided to worked.

you installed gapps? thats strange, miui should come with it preinstalled...

Im having problems with text messages. When I send a message it starts one thread like it should, but then when the person replies it starts another thread using the same contact name. Anyone else getting this?

doees it happen whenever you send a message?

Upvote 0
I'm having some issues with sound recording. Both the in-call recording feature and the sound recorder app aren't working for me. They act as if they are, and they save .amr files equal in length to the duration I attempted to record, but when I play them back there's nothing but silence.

Anybody know what's up?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones