• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rom manager VS MyBackup Pro

I have been using MyBackup Pro lately to backup and restore all my apps when flashing/ installing new ROMs. What is the difference in the backup created by Mybackup pro and ROM manager?

Is there an advantage to using one instead of the other?

I am by no means an expert, but I used both Mybackup Pro and Rom Manager.

ROM manager (as I understand it) is backing up the ROM in addition to settings etc... Whereas Mybackup Pro only saves Apps and data. I really like Mybackup Pro however. For backing up Apps and data it seems like a very handy system.

My bigger questions is whether Titanium Back up makes Mybackup Pro unnecessary...

Upvote 0
I have been using MyBackup Pro lately to backup and restore all my apps when flashing/ installing new ROMs. What is the difference in the backup created by Mybackup pro and ROM manager?

Is there an advantage to using one instead of the other?

MyBackup is for backing up apps and data for those apps. ROM Manager can be used to make an entire system backup, e.i. the entirety of what is on your phone at the time, including the OS. It saved my hindquarters once already.

Having both is a good thing really. Titanium Backup is also highly regarded for backing up apps and data, and is good for removing junkware/stuff-you-just-don't-want that your carrier would rather you not delete.

I expect others will chime in with more information.

Upvote 0
MyBackup is for backing up apps and data for those apps. ROM Manager can be used to make an entire system backup, e.i. the entirety of what is on your phone at the time, including the OS. It saved my hindquarters once already.

Having both is a good thing really. Titanium Backup is also highly regarded for backing up apps and data, and is good for removing junkware/stuff-you-just-don't-want that your carrier would rather you not delete.

I expect others will chime in with more information.

Yeah, that could be considered needlessly redundant. From everything I've seen Titanium trumps MyBackup. And I have both too. Got MyBackup before I rooted.

Right now I have all 3. I use Titanium to get rid of bloatware I don't want, MyBackup Pro to backup apps, and ROM manager I just got since ROMs are starting to come out on the X.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones