• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][MetroPCS][Sprint] MetrogenMod 4.5+ KelsogenMod 4.5 (2-21-12)

@Mike:
trying out your updated ROM. as of right now, theme chooser is not loading any themes (force closes) rebooted several times. any suggestions?

it may be because i optimized all the png's..ill do a few things this evening to try and fix it..i also noticed the video doesnt work...it doesnt force close but after your done recording it doesnt show the video. i will be addressing this issue tonight and let you guys know whats up witht the fix..thanks for the heads up :D

Reactions: clenceo and ocnbrze
Upvote 0
@Mike:
trying out your updated ROM. as of right now, theme chooser is not loading any themes (force closes) rebooted several times. any suggestions?

Go into the about phone settings and what does your build say? And also what was the name of the zip u flashed?? Reason is that I'm running metrogenmod updated version and my theme Chooser works fine. Wonder if u got a bad download. Please provide this info to me so I can see why your having this problem.

Upvote 0
Go into the about phone settings and what does your build say? And also what was the name of the zip u flashed?? Reason is that I'm running metrogenmod updated version and my theme Chooser works fine. Wonder if u got a bad download. Please provide this info to me so I can see why your having this problem.

my build is MikeKelso421 AOSP Project

Upvote 0
MikeKelso, man I have been trying to download your sprint version and I continually get "download interupted" Do you have a mirror to download.
I would sure like to try your ROM since I am a CM7 user.

not sure why you are getting that..what browser are you using to download it?? try a different browser and see if that helps...:thinking:

i just downloaded it flawlessly using google chrome on windows 7

Upvote 0
MY_AOSP-UPDATE-1.zip

i just downloaded the rom off my own download link and flashed it with no problems at all with the theme chooser..it switched themes flawlessly for me on bot the sprint and metro version..redownload and make sure the MD5 matches.. (find a md5 check software on google)

Upvote 0
MikeKelso, man I have been trying to download your sprint version and I continually get "download interupted" Do you have a mirror to download.
I would sure like to try your ROM since I am a CM7 user.

i just updated the sprint rom.also added a dropbox direct download link..i hope you like it!

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
i just downloaded the rom off my own download link and flashed it with no problems at all with the theme chooser..it switched themes flawlessly for me on bot the sprint and metro version..redownload and make sure the MD5 matches.. (find a md5 check software on google)

ok....here we go. i was originally was downloading through Linux Mint. So I tried with Windows 7. Same end result. I tried re-downloading from your original link and from the dropbox link. Same end result. Performed SuperWipe, verified MD5: ( 19D851E1689DA814ADAC0CEDD6583999 )...& reflashed ROM, still no change.

Your original is working great! I have it set up almost how I want it. It would be cool if peeps start posting screen shots!

I'll keep trying. Maybe switching out apk's? Who knows....LOL

Thanks for your help!!

Upvote 0
ok....here we go. i was originally was downloading through Linux Mint. So I tried with Windows 7. Same end result. I tried re-downloading from your original link and from the dropbox link. Same end result. Performed SuperWipe, verified MD5: ( 19D851E1689DA814ADAC0CEDD6583999 )...& reflashed ROM, still no change.

Your original is working great! I have it set up almost how I want it. It would be cool if peeps start posting screen shots!

I'll keep trying. Maybe switching out apk's? Who knows....LOL

Thanks for your help!!

That's really odd. I tested both roms last night. No problem whatsoever.that's very odd......weird.

Upvote 0
Im back again with a different problem.

Im still running your first MetrogenMod. I just found out yesterday I can not send out MMS. I can receive, but not send. Wifi is off. Normally when I try out new ROMs, I use different SD cards. I have one SD card dedicated to your ROM because its setup the way I want it. As I mentioned, I can no longer send out MMS. I tried wiping Dalvik, used the "clear storage" on fast boot and used super wipe. still the same scenario. I switched back to Metrogen 2.2 (my other dedicated SD card) and MMS works fine. So i do a clean flash with a known good formatted SD card (both 1st release and new release of your ROM) MMS is stuck at sending (wifi is not on) I'm stumped here. Any ideas? Do you have a link of the appropriate MMS fix from Bloody?

Again, thanks for your time

Upvote 0
Im back again with a different problem.

Im still running your first MetrogenMod. I just found out yesterday I can not send out MMS. I can receive, but not send. Wifi is off. Normally when I try out new ROMs, I use different SD cards. I have one SD card dedicated to your ROM because its setup the way I want it. As I mentioned, I can no longer send out MMS. I tried wiping Dalvik, used the "clear storage" on fast boot and used super wipe. still the same scenario. I switched back to Metrogen 2.2 (my other dedicated SD card) and MMS works fine. So i do a clean flash with a known good formatted SD card (both 1st release and new release of your ROM) MMS is stuck at sending (wifi is not on) I'm stumped here. Any ideas? Do you have a link of the appropriate MMS fix from Bloody?

Again, thanks for your time

never mind....my phone died :-(

Upvote 0
MikeKelso421,

1st off let me say this rom is the SH-T!!!! But I do have a couple problems. 1)Im in Michigan and since early this morning I have NOT been able to receive text messages from other carriers. Only carrier I can receive text messages from right now is other metro pcs customers. People on other carriers can receive my text but I CANNOT receive their replys. Any idea whats going on? 2)My battery dies hella quick since I flashed this rom 2 days ago. Anything I can do to take care of this? and 3)How can I get the phone in diag mode? ##3424# does not work anymore. Overall though I absolutely LOVE this rom! This is going to be my main rom. Thanks in advance bro!

mrdetroit

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones