• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Rom][MetroPCS][Sprint] MetrogenMod 4.5+ KelsogenMod 4.5 (2-21-12)

I just recently bought an Evo 4g with a bad esn. To make the metrogenmod to work, do i need to first go to a metropcs store and have it flashed and THEN flash metrogenmod?

Or should i root and then flash with latest metrogenmod, and then go to metropcs store to activate it?

just not sure if it needs to be flashed by metropcs FIRST or not. (o_O)

Thank you [=

-vishal106

Upvote 0
I just recently bought an Evo 4g with a bad esn. To make the metrogenmod to work, do i need to first go to a metropcs store and have it flashed and THEN flash metrogenmod?

Or should i root and then flash with latest metrogenmod, and then go to metropcs store to activate it?

just not sure if it needs to be flashed by metropcs FIRST or not. (o_O)

Thank you [=

-vishal106

a phone with a bad esn cant even be flashed to any carrier..your best bet is to either sell it and get another..or keep it and use VOIP apps to make calls and texts.

Upvote 0
MikeKelso421,

I forgot to say this is the super weird thing. Although I cant get sms from other carriers I can still get MMS from ANY carrier. Very strange. Thanks again in advnace bro!

mrdetroit

im not having this issue..maybe there has been issues with metro in your area..cuz i use this same rom with no different modifications than yours,here in s. florida with no issues with my sprint or verizon friends texting me...that leaves me clueless at the moment..:thinking:

Upvote 0
Yes its VERY strange Mike. I called Metro and had them refresh my system but that didnt work. Let me ask you this, how can I get into diag mode on my phone? ##3424# does not work anymore. I tried to flash this script but its not showing up for some reason:

QPST DIAG Mode CM7 (Aka ##3424) - xda-developers

Any suggestions mike?

Well as far as I know,diag mode only works on stock sense roms. Iva never seen or tried that scrript

Upvote 0
Yes its VERY strange Mike. I called Metro and had them refresh my system but that didnt work. Let me ask you this, how can I get into diag mode on my phone? ##3424# does not work anymore. I tried to flash this script but its not showing up for some reason:

QPST DIAG Mode CM7 (Aka ##3424) - xda-developers

Any suggestions mike?

OMG thanks this worked im the MetroGen mod CM7.... hell ya no more sence rom to get into diag mode now i can see my phone on QPST. Ive been looking for a solution. thanks man your a life saver..

P.S. Run zip in recovery mode reboot phone and the app will be in your phone called Gscript open it then click diag mode on to turn on diag. No need to dial numbers no more

Upvote 0
OMG thanks this worked im the MetroGen mod CM7.... hell ya no more sence rom to get into diag mode now i can see my phone on QPST. Ive been looking for a solution. thanks man your a life saver..

P.S. Run zip in recovery mode reboot phone and the app will be in your phone called Gscript open it then click diag mode on to turn on diag. No need to dial numbers no more

Hell yes!! Good find!!

Upvote 0

this isnt happening for me..i flashed the script and when i booted back up,my phone kept locking up and wouldnt let me shut down...so i pulled the battery went into recovery and wiped both cache's..now my phone is fine...tried again with the same result..and the app Gscript isnt in my app drawer???

Upvote 0
this isnt happening for me..i flashed the script and when i booted back up,my phone kept locking up and wouldnt let me shut down...so i pulled the battery went into recovery and wiped both cache's..now my phone is fine...tried again with the same result..and the app Gscript isnt in my app drawer???

humm wierd it worked for me.... I was in the process of testing it out i was on a sense rom so i had to be on a cm7 rom so i went to recovery and i superwiped, flashed the updated metrogen rom, gps fix, then the unvisable tweaks, then gapps and finnaly the Gscriptand everything booted up fine and the app was im my drawer and i tested it and it worked.

shot_000001.png

shot_000002.png

Reactions: mikekelso421
Upvote 0
humm wierd it worked for me.... I was in the process of testing it out i was on a sense rom so i had to be on a cm7 rom so i went to recovery and i superwiped, flashed the updated metrogen rom, gps fix, then the unvisable tweaks, then gapps and finnaly the Gscriptand everything booted up fine and the app was im my drawer and i tested it and it worked.

shot_000001.png

shot_000002.png

I had to manually install the apk through astro.then I added the scripts. But how do I know if its in diag mode without it plugged in a PC?? When I select diag on,it just counts down from 5 or something and just sits there. Lol

Upvote 0
I had to manually install the apk through astro.then I added the scripts. But how do I know if its in diag mode without it plugged in a PC?? When I select diag on,it just counts down from 5 or something and just sits there. Lol

the only way to know if its on is plug your phone to your usb cord and to the computer open QPST service programming and then run Gscript / diag on from your phone, Allow superuser permission and then it turns to a blue screen counts down from five then it takes you back to the diag on / off screen. In QPST you should see your phone pop up. Thats how i know its on :)

Reactions: mikekelso421
Upvote 0
the only way to know if its on is plug your phone to your usb cord and to the computer open QPST service programming and then run Gscript / diag on from your phone, Allow superuser permission and then it turns to a blue screen counts down from five then it takes you back to the diag on / off screen. In QPST you should see your phone pop up. Thats how i know its on :)

so i just tried it with CDMA workshop..it will read but it wont write..tried updating my PRL but it keeps saying "phone ask for SPC.SPC (6 DIGITS) is required....i know my spc nut there is nowhere to put it in..nor is the asking my for it....i dk whats going on.lol

so i decided to try something..it fixed my issue..

connected my phone.
selected diag mode from gscript.
opened up QPST.
input my SPC..
then closed QPST.
opened up CDMA WORKSHOP.
selected my COM and hit connect+read from phone.
selected the other tab.
clicked write in the PRL BOX
selected my prl.
hit ok
WROTE SUCCESSFULLY TO MY PHONE!

YAAAAY DIAG ON AOSP!!!! :)

Upvote 0
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RELEASE!!
My first phone died...don't know what happened. Maybe thats why I was having some weird issues.
Running Update 3 and loving it so far. I am having some problems with 3g here in San Jose, CA. I believe its a network issue. My sisters EVO is having the same hideous 3g speeds. (ping: 377ms download test never completes...i get network communication issues) i've tried PRL 3022, 3023, 3024, 3025, 3026. If you can please point me in the right direction that would be awesome. been googling all night, still having a hard time finding some kind of fix or if theres any known problems in my area.

Upvote 0
CONGRATS ON YOUR NEW RELEASE!!
My first phone died...don't know what happened. Maybe thats why I was having some weird issues.
Running Update 3 and loving it so far. I am having some problems with 3g here in San Jose, CA. I believe its a network issue. My sisters EVO is having the same hideous 3g speeds. (ping: 377ms download test never completes...i get network communication issues) i've tried PRL 3022, 3023, 3024, 3025, 3026. If you can please point me in the right direction that would be awesome. been googling all night, still having a hard time finding some kind of fix or if theres any known problems in my area.

Sounds like a network issue if your sisters phone is doing the same thing. There's nothing else really that u can try. Not that I'm aware of.

Upvote 0
Im having a serious issue. A few days ago I flashed my evo which is on metro from metroid 2.2 to Metrogen Mod 7.1. Every since I did this my phone has NOT been able to receive incoming text from other carriers such as sprint, verizon, etc. Before I flashed it my phone was working perfect. Now even when I flashed back to metroid 2.2 its still not receiving incoming texts. I even had metro issue me a new cell#. When i got the new# my phone was still flashed to Metrogen Mod 7.1. I sent a international text and everything was working fine then about 15 mins later it stopped working again. I definitely think it has something to do with the software or could I possibly have a virus on my phone? Please help.

Thanks in advance everyone!

mrdetroit

Upvote 0
Im having a serious issue. A few days ago I flashed my evo which is on metro from metroid 2.2 to Metrogen Mod 7.1. Every since I did this my phone has NOT been able to receive incoming text from other carriers such as sprint, verizon, etc. Before I flashed it my phone was working perfect. Now even when I flashed back to metroid 2.2 its still not receiving incoming texts. I even had metro issue me a new cell#. When i got the new# my phone was still flashed to Metrogen Mod 7.1. I sent a international text and everything was working fine then about 15 mins later it stopped working again. I definitely think it has something to do with the software or could I possibly have a virus on my phone? Please help.

Thanks in advance everyone!

mrdetroit
moved your post to this one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones